Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tourbox for the Fretboard members _ Bad Penny FX. The tourbox is now live.

What's Hot

Comments

• @alalalkasar thanks for sending so soon. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @theflyisback the box is on its way to you. Should be with you in a day or two.
    Ace! Can’t wait 
  • Wow, arrived home to sight of this magic box of tricks. What a hearty tonic to soothe the soul during this elongated lockdown. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • alalalkasaralalalkasar Frets: 363
    Wow, arrived home to sight of this magic box of tricks. What a hearty tonic to soothe the soul during this elongated lockdown. 
    Nice, enjoy.
  • Wow, arrived home to sight of this magic box of tricks. What a hearty tonic to soothe the soul during this elongated lockdown. 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Hi all, just to let you know, we have released resizes for the four of our large units inside the Tourbox. I've amended the discount code so that it applies to these new versions also. We will be working on upgrading the units in the Tourbox, to be "Studio" versions, with maybe clean blend circuits or XLR options, not fully decided yet.

Cheers
    Mark
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tourbox has just landed at Casa Burke. That's my day today, tomorrow and probably all weekend sorted.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tourbox has just landed at Casa Burke. That's my day today, tomorrow and probably all weekend sorted.
    have fun
  • Anymore reviews? 
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    @Badpennyfx are those videos done yet ? 

@YellowLedBetterMan ; could you add a review

• Ah yes, apologies for not getting it done sooner. Here's my (admittedly unprofessional) write up of the pedals from both mine and my brothers experiences.

Littlebox Fuzz - I loved this. Small form factor, a bunch of great sounds. Honestly not a bad sound in it and it sounded equally glorious into both a clean amp and dimed amp. Probably my favourite pedal of the tourbox, but my brothers least favourite - "not enough knobs" and "a load of bloody noise" were his words. I would instead say things like "beauty in simplicity" and "thick powerful fuzzy goodness".

Widow - Pretty fun. Both of us had some fun playing grunge riffs with this. Wonderfully versatile too, although I only flicked the switch once and then straight back - non "evil" mode just sounded a lot more pleasant to my ears. Would've been even better if the Fuzz and drive sections could be used independently of eachother, or maybe have the order switchable for even greater versatility. As it is though, a fantastically versatile unit that I don't think anyone would be disappointed with, regardless of genre or style.

Smoothflow - my least favourite of the bunch, but my brothers favourite. I've never really been one for "boost pedals", but I have to say his use of it was pretty nice. When we play together he typically plays rhythm parts and I play lead, and the Smoothflow does a great job at thickening up a rhythm tone for some mild overdrive with one side and then using the other side to push straight into crunchy near-distorted rhythm goodness. For the sort of mild overdrive and crunch needed for the rhythm parts of Indie rock tunes we typically play, I think it is pretty much perfect.

Fuzz Controller - probably my second favourite of the bunch after the Littlebox. Actually covered much of the same ground. Very versatile little unit and I had a lot of fun flicking all the switches. I felt at one point I pretty much nailed the sound of the intro to Elton John's Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting, which is a pretty good sign considering I was using this pedal into a clean Fender Blackface type amp amp, rather than an expensive vintage fuzzface into a dimed JCM like the original recording was. I'd wager that with all of the knobs and switches, you could imitate moreorless ANY vintage fuzz tone. But therein lies the reason I prefer the Littlebox - there was so much going on here that I spent more time dialling in sounds than I did playing. That being said, all of the sounds in this unit are fantastic.

Finally the Wireless - I must preface this by saying I don't like germanium fuzz as a rule. The Wireless though, I think I might be a convert. With gain maxed and output a touch over unity, using the guitars volume knob to go from off-clean through to roaring angry screaming fuzz tones was pretty fun. I admit that during my week with it, I probably used this pedal the least. That's through no fault of its own though - I just loved the Littlebox and Fuzz Controller more. I also found the gate feature on this to be very fun for noodling. Whether I'd use it in a live situation I don't know, but as a fun addition for making sounds in the spare room set up, it was great. Something very Black Keys-ish about this pedal.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fantastic write to dude.

@MagicPigDetective ; see above review

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    The tourbox has landed with me in sunny Stockport. Have an online rehearsal on Wednesday and I intend to use them all, all the time.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

The tourbox has landed with me in sunny Stockport. Have an online rehearsal on Wednesday and I intend to use them all, all the time.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Nice photos ! 

• Hey, @Cookiemonster ;
     I'd like to bail from this, don't have the time right now!

Bye!

• No problem

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    Despite my rehearsal being cancelled, I had a chance to play with them all today through an amp (Tele into an Egnater Tweaker on the Vox AC voicing), albeit only at home volumes, here are some sounds I liked:

Standout for me was the Widow - really got a wide range of sounds in it, and I could probably quite happily gig with that as my only dirt, although I had the Tone knob all the way up, anything less than that didn't seem to cut through as well. The Smoothflow was similarly versatile, the "Boost 1" side in a single pedal would be a nice fit on any of my boards tonally, and the second side going from "oooh, that's a nice overdrive" to "holy sh*t, that's some spluttery madness" was pretty cool too! Would have been interesting to be able to use each side independently, although I understand why not. And it's confusing having the first stage on the left of the pedal, rather than the right where the in jack is (come to think of it, is this the same on the Widow too?)

Wireless was a lot of fun, although I didn't gel with it right away, I'm enjoying it more the more time I spend with it. Some nice old-timey sounds with the tone all the way up too, cuts loads of low end and makes the amp sound tiny (in a good way). I didn't really get on with the Littlebox to be honest, every setting seemed way too wooly, and activating the bass cut seems to add some white noise and gates the signal. Maybe user error as it seems everyone else loved it! My solution was to stack the Fuzz Controller into it though, and the combined tone was pretty righteous. The Fuzz Controller itself was cool, but not as enjoyable as the Wireless, maybe I prefer germanium over silicon? This might be the first silicon fuzz I've tried come to think of it.

Anyway, bit of a shame not to get to play them at full volume, but I'll keep tinkering over the weekend and send them on their merry way next week. Thanks to @Cookiemonster and @Badpennyfx, I thoroughly enjoyed being involved!
  • Despite my rehearsal being cancelled, I had a chance to play with them all today through an amp (Tele into an Egnater Tweaker on the Vox AC voicing), albeit only at home volumes, here are some sounds I liked:

Standout for me was the Widow - really got a wide range of sounds in it, and I could probably quite happily gig with that as my only dirt, although I had the Tone knob all the way up, anything less than that didn't seem to cut through as well. The Smoothflow was similarly versatile, the "Boost 1" side in a single pedal would be a nice fit on any of my boards tonally, and the second side going from "oooh, that's a nice overdrive" to "holy sh*t, that's some spluttery madness" was pretty cool too! Would have been interesting to be able to use each side independently, although I understand why not. And it's confusing having the first stage on the left of the pedal, rather than the right where the in jack is (come to think of it, is this the same on the Widow too?)

Wireless was a lot of fun, although I didn't gel with it right away, I'm enjoying it more the more time I spend with it. Some nice old-timey sounds with the tone all the way up too, cuts loads of low end and makes the amp sound tiny (in a good way). I didn't really get on with the Littlebox to be honest, every setting seemed way too wooly, and activating the bass cut seems to add some white noise and gates the signal. Maybe user error as it seems everyone else loved it! My solution was to stack the Fuzz Controller into it though, and the combined tone was pretty righteous. The Fuzz Controller itself was cool, but not as enjoyable as the Wireless, maybe I prefer germanium over silicon? This might be the first silicon fuzz I've tried come to think of it.

Anyway, bit of a shame not to get to play them at full volume, but I'll keep tinkering over the weekend and send them on their merry way next week. Thanks to @Cookiemonster and @Badpennyfx, I thoroughly enjoyed being involved!
    Thanks that was a great review and a good read.

I think the smooth flow is one that people need more time with, cool that you got that holy shit vibe, that's what made me buy one. I like that sonic annihilation.