Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Tourbox for the Fretboard members _ Bad Penny FX. The tourbox is now live.

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• BadpennyfxBadpennyfx Frets: 19
    @YellowLedBetterMan & @AntonHunter ;

Harry, thanks for the in-depth written review. Glad to hear both you and your brother got a chance to put them through their paces. We will definitely be using some of your words on our website.

Anton, thanks for a brilliant, all-out, everything-on, noise fest of a video. We haven't actually stacked all these pedals together, so that has potentially opened up some upsetting plans for our neighbours. (P.s. love the sticker on your guitar ;) rebel on - felix). 

Can't believe, this has all gone so well. Can't wait, and will actually pretty suprised, to get them back. 

Cheers
    Mark & Felix

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    I couldn't *not* turn them all on, it was a compulsion!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    Looks like the tourbox is on its way to me very soon, I'd almost forgotten about it! But it should be just in time for our band rehearsals starting up again next week so I'm looking forward to trying them out through a proper loud amp. Most excited about the Widow, think it will suit my style the best. Going to try and remember the zoom recorder to get some rough clips at volume in the band context.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    Looks like the tourbox is on its way to me very soon, I'd almost forgotten about it! But it should be just in time for our band rehearsals starting up again next week so I'm looking forward to trying them out through a proper loud amp. Most excited about the Widow, think it will suit my style the best. Going to try and remember the zoom recorder to get some rough clips at volume in the band context.
    @roberty has this been sent yet.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    TTBZ said:
    @roberty has this been sent yet.
    Tomorrow or Friday
    Tourbox arrived today, thanks! Haven't been able to plug anything in yet but top marks for presentation, the box, printed bits and all the pedals look awesome. Taking the Smoothflow and Widow to band tomorrow to have a mess about with and should get some time over the weekend to play with the rest.
    So I haven't had a great deal of time to play around with these yet but took a couple to rehearsal running through a JCM900. Didn't find many usable settings for my band on the Smoothflow or Widow so they stayed off for most of practice. But to be fair our sound is more of a 'Gibson into Marshall' riffy thing so they're a bit out of place in that situation. I liked stage 1 of the Smoothflow though, Stage 2 doesn't seem to do anything I like with the spitty gated thing. Same with the Widow - first stage was a nice chunky drive sort of thing but I felt like it dropped out a bit with the Enrage setting rather than get even bigger and meaner like I'd expected.

Just been playing them all through my Pocket Pod - not an ideal thing for pedals but was surprised by how much fun I had with the Littlebox. I'm not normally into these kind of fuzzes but came up with some nice QOTSA/stoner rock type riffs with it. Starve full up for fatness and just under halfway for articulation. Hoping to get a chance to have another proper play through my amp before having to send them back.
  • Smooth flow at the end of the chain maybe instead ? 
    Try the Wireless !

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

edited July 2021
    I didn't get on with the Wireless into the Pod but I don't think that's a fair chance so will try it again with my Jubilee when I can! I should like it, I like Tonebenders.

Really love the look and feel of these pedals with the vintage graphics, reassuringly chunky controls and switches   I think if I were to buy anything at the minute it would be the Littlebox, surprised me how much fun it was to mess around with! 
    Had a bit more time with these through my Jubilee today and the Widow is my favourite both on the clean channel and over a dirty sound. Can really bring the chunk and sludge on a crunchy sound, and the Enrage side with evil switch down is nasty. Much better through this than the rehearsal room 900! If my band was more doomy/sludgy I'd definitely want one of these on the board. It doesn't seem to do the "tighten and saturation" thing as well as my tubescreamer (despite the description saying midrange pedal which I assume is a TS), otherwise it'd be a great dual purpose pedal for me.

The Wireless and Fuzz Controller are a bit too tame
    and vintage sounding for my tastes.
  • Thanks for writing up. Really appreciate it. I will send over the details this week when I get 5 for the last one 

• Thanks to everyone who took part in the Tourbox. It is now back with me 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 920
    Thanks for organising!

Right, who's doing the next one?!
  • Thanks for organising!

Right, who's doing the next one?!
    That would be good. I would certainly like to be involved in another one.

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited July 2021
    @TateFX @ReevesElectro ;; ? Or @ThorpyFX part two ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 884
    edited August 2021
    Thanks @JCA2550 ;;  @Badpennyfx ; did a great job with the Tourbox. I was happy to organise it. Hope everyone enjoyed it. The new versions of the pedals are smaller now and there is still that discount they sent out for the website. If anyone wants to treat themselves.

• Did anyone put any videos on YouTube btw ? 

• Just a short one