Dulling a sticky neck?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
    drofluf said:
    drofluf said:
    Wish me luck I’m going in!

love my Tele but not getting on with the glossy neck. micro mesh pads arrived today so I’ll dull it down tomorrow.  
    Well that was easier than I thought. Nice silky finish in about 30 minutes work. Thanks @pjf

My first attempt at “reliving” :)
    Great work! My micro mesh pads have arrived so the neck on my LP will be my project for this evening!!
    Good luck. Based on my “vast” experience take it slowly, keep rinsing the pads and wipe the neck down frequently. I also used a coarser grade than the 2400 to begin with - I started with the 2400 then moved to the coarser grade for a while before working my way through the finer grades. But that depends on how heavy the finish is on your guitar. 

I’m really pleased with the result. 
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 347
    drofluf said:
    drofluf said:
    Wish me luck I’m going in!

love my Tele but not getting on with the glossy neck. micro mesh pads arrived today so I’ll dull it down tomorrow.  
    Well that was easier than I thought. Nice silky finish in about 30 minutes work. Thanks @pjf

My first attempt at “reliving” :)
    Good stuff! 
  • ricorico Frets: 1221
    Would the scotchbrite treatment work on an already dull neck? It seems to me at the moment that the more I play it (think 3 hour sessions) the tackier it gets.