Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band record...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Fantastic, made my week hearing about the new album. Love it so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Got it today. Plenty of good tracks. Some of them sound stylistically like Dylan with the way the organ is played, and the way Springsteen delivers the lyrics.
  • chris78 said:
    Only had a quick listen as we’re away and the missus hates springsteen, but there’s some outstanding stuff and some ok.
    Letter To You, Ghosts and If I were a priest are superb. One Minute You’re Here is classic Nebraska style and House Of A Thousand Guitars is fun

I can’t see the fuss about Janey Needs A Shooter. Should have stayed in 1971 in my view
    My only disappointment in the album so far is that there's hardly any guitar on House Of A Thousand Guitars, what's all about?! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72354
    chris78 said:
    Only had a quick listen as we’re away and the missus hates springsteen, but there’s some outstanding stuff and some ok.
    Letter To You, Ghosts and If I were a priest are superb. One Minute You’re Here is classic Nebraska style and House Of A Thousand Guitars is fun

I can’t see the fuss about Janey Needs A Shooter. Should have stayed in 1971 in my view
    My only disappointment in the album so far is that there's hardly any guitar on House Of A Thousand Guitars, what's all about?! 
    I've been listening to this for a few days now, after I got it for MrsICBM .

I think it's probably his best 'rock' album since Human Touch/Lucky Town - nearly thirty years ago. A lot of very strong songs - I do think Janey Needs A Shooter is, and I'd add Song For Orphans, which is Dylan/Young/Springsteen all rolled into one, probably my favourite on the album - some OK ones, and just one duff one...

My disappointment is that House Of A Thousand Guitars is a terrible song regardless of how many guitars are on it. Skip-button material, it's that bad.

Must... resist... the temptation to immediately go out and buy a Telecaster . Which is what I did after Lucky Town.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein