Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mustang - Bullet or Classic Vibe?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Stickers here:

https://www.inlaystickers.com/pages/search-results-page?q=Skulls

I ordered from here in a similar situation, needed some stars for a pink 3/4 size acoustic for my step daughter!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I put a sticker on mine too to cover up a schoolboy error with a drill when fitting a new bridge :#
  • ICBM said:
    Bullet Mustang with skulls & flames stickers :).

The CV is possibly* a better guitar, but it has a trem and thus inevitably more tuning issues than the hardtail Bullet no matter how well set-up it is, has awkward and not very useful pickup switching, and I suspect that although to me it looks cool, to a 6-year-old it's a 'dad's guitar'.

(*But I'm honestly not sure. It's a bit more complex, but the Bullet is astonishingly well-made for the money.)

I found the thread where you were modding one and that was one of the things that convinced me.

@ICBM did the work on my Bullet so it may well have been that one. 

I've been umming and ahhing over selling it - i have too many guitars and it's probably my least played - but then I realised that for the money I'd get for it I'll quite happily hold onto it for the rare occasions I want to rock out. 

It did need work when I bought it, but you'll struggle to get anything better without spending lots more.

FWIW the imperial blue finish is really impressive in the flesh. The sparkle looks very expensive. 

Interesting.

If you want to shift it let me know.
    Will do. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    Well I've placed an order

Coming Monday!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    It's just arrived.

My initial impressions are:
    • It looks fantastic, unbelievable it's a £100 guitar
    • The machine heads seem OK, and it does seem to hold tune to some extent
    • The frets are as scratchy as a scratchy thing
    • The fretboard is as dry as a very dry thing
    • Generally it seems to play OK although I haven't done an extensive check for dead spots
    • The pickups are pretty hot and sound OK with drive, but very obviously cheap when you play clean (The Ibanez Mikro was better in this respect)
    • Pots, switches, jacks etc feel fine
    • Slight rattle from the bridge
    Overall very happy.

tFB Trader
    It does have one issue as identified on the Guitar Geek channel.
    The adjuster screw on the bridge saddles is too long and it fouls on the D string. 
    This causes a buzz. I think the only fix is to dremel the end off as he does.

Bit of a silly design flaw, but otherwise great!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    • The pickups are pretty hot and sound OK with drive, but very obviously cheap when you play clean
    Interestingly, they sound more or less the same, but slightly better, than the pickups on a two grand MusicMan :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    • The pickups are pretty hot and sound OK with drive, but very obviously cheap when you play clean
    Interestingly, they sound more or less the same, but slightly better, than the pickups on a two grand MusicMan :).

I'm not sure if that says more about the Squier or the Music Man!

How did you find this out?

I do really need to change the strings as I'm sure the default ones are both old and horrible and that's not helping.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    monquixote said:

I'm not sure if that says more about the Squier or the Music Man!

How did you find this out?
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/189419/i-prefer-the-squier-bullet-mustang-to-my-other-high-end-guitars-clips-added-results#latest

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I put a set of Donliss P90 humbucker  sized hybrids(P94 ?) in mine and it came out treally sweet for my style of playing /.Warm jazzy finger style / overdrive rocky type .I sold it but may well buy another and do the same again .CAR this time