Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender’s American Professional series discontinued?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Nestled amongst the chaff at PMT I just spotted this -  seems a genuine deal unlike most of their Am Pro stuff on offer. Never seen any of these in any colour other than natural so a rare bird. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1222
    They seems to be using the (surf?) green finish that the Parallel Universe Jazz Strat had this year. Gorgeous. Hope they use something similar for the Am Pro II Jazzmasters.

But as someone said - what is the point of these guitars? A bit of patience to save a bit more and equal patience on the 2nd hand market and you could get close to a CS Fender?
  • Whitecat said:
    Nestled amongst the chaff at PMT I just spotted this -  seems a genuine deal unlike most of their Am Pro stuff on offer. Never seen any of these in any colour other than natural so a rare bird. 

Don't think it left Fender factory White though ..... It seams like it's either been painted or the body swapped out. 
    edited September 2020
    adam1990 said:
    Whitecat said:

Don't think it left Fender factory White though ..... It seams like it's either been painted or the body swapped out. 
    Why not? Not the first time I’ve seen an unusual Fender near one-off (I say near because last I looked they had two in stock...)

Anyway, if it’s actually pine then pretty hard to swap the body out since there aren’t any more out there...
  • Whitecat said:

For anyone who wanted a new US Jazzmaster, this would have to be a scoop. Only marginally more than a Vintera...
  • Whitecat said:
    adam1990 said:
    Whitecat said:

Why not? Not the first time I’ve seen an unusual Fender near one-off (I say near because last I looked they had two in stock...)

Anyway, if it’s actually pine then pretty hard to swap the body out since there aren’t any more out there...
    I'm under the impression that they only made them in natural pine? Could explain the low price.

Could be a parts guitar? I can't find anything online about a white one apart from that one. Unless this is quite literally 1 of a hand full made.
    adam1990 said:
    Whitecat said:
    adam1990 said:
    Whitecat said:

I'm under the impression that they only made them in natural pine? Could explain the low price.

Could be a parts guitar? I can't find anything online about a white one apart from that one. Unless this is quite literally 1 of a hand full made.
    They’ve had them in stock a while and were selling them at £1399 with nothing to indicate they are anything other than a new guitar from Fender... as I said, last I looked they had two in so they had at least that many if not a few more. Description says “exclusive to PMT” which of course is not the case for the natural colour. If I had to guess I’d wager they are either early prototypes or end-run usey-uppies - the pine slabs were badly matched on these at the best of times with some worse than others so maybe they decided to run a handful of the worst of them under a paint job to hide otherwise ugly cosmetics... or maybe they are made from more than the usual 3 or 4 piece bodies and they wanted to disguise that. Or maybe they just accidentally got put in the paint room one Friday afternoon. Could be a number of reasons. 

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
    Cool looking guitar they basically are trying to give away? Hmmm. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74475
    I’m expecting them to be made from roasted oak soon.

Then they will actually sound like scraping the bottom of a barrel.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom