PSA: New Harley Benton GPA-100

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    The Harley Benton GPA 400 is a bit of a bargain if you want a rack and stereo whereas in pedal format, you can't really go wrong with the Hotone Loudster
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bumping this thread as the GPA-400 interests me, as does the Power stage 200. How is the GPA with line level compared with the PS200? Is it as simple as applying a line level signal to match tonality?
  • I bought a GPA-100 on ebay a good while back "just in case" as figured using that into the cabinet I had at the time with a preamp amp in a box type pedal or two would be a good grab and go thing were I to play in public anywhere, but that didn't happen and also I no longer have the cab anyway so I couldn't use it even if I wanted to. It's been PAT tested a couple of times so electrically it seems to be fine. I realise this is a pretty useless contribution to the discussion.

If somebody wanted one and had something fun to trade for it, I suppose I could be persuaded to move it on as I'm not sure it will ever really be any use to me.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    NGPA-100 

I finally received my GPA-100, and so far I'm really happy with it.

It's plenty loud enough through my 4ohm 1x12 cab. I haven't been able to wind it right up yet - but I have a full band rehearsal next week. 

And just for good measure/back up I ordered a (TGP special) BAM200 from TC Electronics. 

This lot + HX Stomp = compact modelling rig. 

Excuse my ignorance but isn’t the BAM a bass amp? Or doesn’t that matter?
  • It is indeed a bass amp @RobDavies ; - but it lends itself very well to being part of a guitar modelling rig.

Heavily discussed here:. 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/tc-electronics-bam200-class-d-bass-head-duncan-powerstage-killer.2252776/ ;

I really like it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 639
    As above, the Warwick Gnome is also a cracking little power amp for a modelling rig even though it's marketed as a bass amp. Very close in design to the BAM, possibly even the same factory/circuit with a different case. I used one with a Helix Floor into a 4x12 for rehearsals, suitably loud!
  • It is indeed a bass amp @RobDavies ; - but it lends itself very well to being part of a guitar modelling rig.

Heavily discussed here:. 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/tc-electronics-bam200-class-d-bass-head-duncan-powerstage-killer.2252776/ ;

I really like it. 
    How did you get on with both at rehearsal? Which was the winner, as it were?
  • I use the BAM more than the GPA-100.