NPD: 856 for Zellersasn

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

I have had a number of Count To 5s, but as they were selling for a reduced price, I thought I'd give Montreal Assembly's 856 for Zellersasn a go. (The £60 I had to pay for import duties was a bit painful though)

The name comes from a torn label found on a box when they moved into a new unit, apparently.

As usual with MA, it arrived in an unbranded box with nothing more than a bit of bubble wrap, no manual, no stickers.

There's a manual on the website, but no specific indication as to how to connect it up so it took two goes to get a signal, again, nothing new there ;)

I tried prodding buttons and twiddling knobs at random, which enough to convince me that, a bit like my first play with the Blooper, I'm going to have to read the manual before I have any chance of getting much out of it :)

I've currently got it connected up just before the Blooper in my chain, but once I get a bit more of an idea of what it can do I might move it around a bit.

https4bpblogspotcom-d1lS1A6X2igW_90ptW2olIAAAAAAAAGDkR--CbKe9NvocmZtZbNDvwRYh-cp0-klvgCLcBGAss640286884-683a860643e9415ab3f8874861b12219jpeg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited September 2020
    What does it do? Is it a hyper-complicated looper?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    That all looks very logical and super intuitive.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Any pedal that has a UI that looks like the controls for a Soviet-era nuclear reactor just screams "user-friendly", doesn't it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786

It is a (possibly over-complicated, only time will tell) looper.

As you can see by the manual, some of it is fairly straight forward, some of it is a bit more random. .

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/856-for-zellersasn-firmware-update.html

As with a lot of what I buy, if you play in a covers band, or a blues band, or pretty much most bands, it's probably not for you.

If you like making weird noises with only a vague idea of what you're doing most of the time, then it's ideal :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

It is a (possibly over-complicated, only time will tell) looper.

As you can see by the manual, some of it is fairly straight forward, some of it is a bit more random. .

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/856-for-zellersasn-firmware-update.html

As with a lot of what I buy, if you play in a covers band, or a blues band, or pretty much most bands, it's probably not for you.

If you like making weird noises with only a vague idea of what you're doing most of the time, then it's ideal :)

I like doing both and everything in between, pretty much. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Sassafras said:
    Any pedal that has a UI that looks like the controls for a Soviet-era nuclear reactor just screams "user-friendly", doesn't it?
    Needs a couple of Farndurk pedals either side of it to finish off the aesthetic. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom