Neural Quad Core thing demo

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUK said:
    I think that’s the key issue here - Neural are pretty bad (terrible, in fact) at clear communication.

It’s all clear as mud right now, and quite frankly it’s pretty frustrating. 

I’m still excited to get it, but let’s just say I won’t be selling the Kemper just yet. 
    No! Shush! Watch all these Youtubers gushing over it! HERE! HAVE SOME SALAMI!

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    FarleyUK said:
    I think that’s the key issue here - Neural are pretty bad (terrible, in fact) at clear communication.

It’s all clear as mud right now, and quite frankly it’s pretty frustrating. 

I’m still excited to get it, but let’s just say I won’t be selling the Kemper just yet. 
    No! Shush! Watch all these Youtubers gushing over it! HERE! HAVE SOME SALAMI!
    How dare you question the metalz! They can do no wrong!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just had it confirmed from Neural that there will be NO extra perks if you preordered after all - despite them saying otherwise previously -

“ The info we have now is the pre-orders made with Neural DSP directly should be in the customer's hands before any other reseller. Also, the chassis is printed with the number (i.e. 3/2000) and we include a certificate of the pre-order as well.”

I’m still excited, I’m just not too keen on companies that aren’t clear with their messaging....!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    You've just bank rolled them with no thanks, essentially. If that means you ensured you got a product and you're ok with that, then that's cool. Personally, it would taste abit bitter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Jetfire said:
    You've just bank rolled them with no thanks, essentially. If that means you ensured you got a product and you're ok with that, then that's cool. Personally, it would taste abit bitter
    Yeah, that's the issue I have to be honest - the lack of clarity and mixed messages. However, I've just been reading through the blogs they've been releasing, and I *think* it will actually do what I'm wanting it to. I guess time will tell, as it should be here next month....
    FarleyUK said:
    Jetfire said:
    Yeah, that's the issue I have to be honest - the lack of clarity and mixed messages. However, I've just been reading through the blogs they've been releasing, and I *think* it will actually do what I'm wanting it to. I guess time will tell, as it should be here next month....
    Do you have a copy of what was sold to you for going for a pre order?
    Jetfire said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Jetfire said:
    Do you have a copy of what was sold to you for going for a pre order?
    It was basically 'You'll get a Quad Cortex in November'; the issue has been that further down-stream they have provided details of things that will be available, and then announcing they won't be available after all.

Sure, they will *probably* add them in later, but I'm a bit nervous, as they've never done anything like this; the Darkglass pedal was a lot more straightforward.

Just seems a bit odd that it would ship with fewer functions that it's competitors.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24310
    I wonder when development started on it.
    Helix was in development for a good 5 years before it was even announced, and they had Yamaha money to burn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I wonder when development started on it.
    Helix was in development for a good 5 years before it was even announced, and they had Yamaha money to burn.
    I seem to recall it was officially announced about a year ago, I believe - but no idea when they started the development work. I know I'm probably being overly concerned, and should probably have waited instead of pre-ordering... but... well... it's GAS, eh?
    @FarleyUK ; I feel abit bad that its like we are ragging on this product you havent even got yet so I hope this isnt causing offense. 

Jetfire said:
    @FarleyUK ; I feel abit bad that its like we are ragging on this product you havent even got yet so I hope this isnt causing offense. 

Not at all! Like I say, I know I'm probably just over-reacting; it's a mix of confusing comms from Neural and my own expectations I think. It would have been great to have a device that could do everything the Helix / Kemper can do as a minimum at launch; but it's not a deal-breaker providing they can add the functions soon after launch.

Turns out they are also not releasing the desktop editor until after launch now either.
    Andertons have their pre-orders up - £1,449.

And I'm thoroughly confused and slightly pee'd off...

The €200 deposit shows in my account on Neural as $236, and I was charged £177.32. That should mean that the €1,499 balance would be around £1,338, so a total of £1,515.... meaning we are actually paying more to order direct from Neural. Also, that was using the same exchange rate as of January - I expect it's much worse now.

Dagnammit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It is turning into a right royal fuck up.

I hope for their sake that the unit is very good, otherwise this sort of thing could sink a company.
    I have no idea what happens to iLok and plugin use if the producing company disappears. Yamaha would probably buy them out for a quid just to get hold of some new software.

v1 of the Helix software was a bit shit but they didn't need crowdfunding etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

I hope for their sake that the unit is very good, otherwise this sort of thing could sink a company.
    I have no idea what happens to iLok and plugin use if the producing company disappears. Yamaha would probably buy them out for a quid just to get hold of some new software.

Yep. Let's just say I haven't seen anything yet that is helping to restore my faith in them as a company,

The product looks and sounds great (on the marketing videos) - but I don't trust Neural to then actually deliver on their follow-up 'promises' of things like the editors, hybrid mode etc.
    I'm wondering if the recent 50% off sales on the plugins is an attempt to keep people happy - especially with the QC suppsedly getting free versions of the plugins next year for those who have bought them.
    Either keep people happy or afloat .... :/
  • FarleyUK said:

Yep. Let's just say I haven't seen anything yet that is helping to restore my faith in them as a company,

The product looks and sounds great (on the marketing videos) - but I don't trust Neural to then actually deliver on their follow-up 'promises' of things like the editors, hybrid mode etc.
    Yeah...I'd say never buy a product based on the promise of future developments, particularly with new entrants to the market.

Line 6 are the only ones I've seen actually follow up on those within a reasonable timescale with the Helix, and Digidesign/Avid were the worst back in the days of the Eleven Rack - features promised early on took four or five years to materialise (standalone editor), and they only ever released two feature packs for it in the entire lifecycle of the product, which left most of the bugs still on the table.

Kemper are average-to-OK with it, by all accounts, and Fractal appear to just not make promises so they can stick like glue to their product roadmap.
    <space for hire>
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775

V1 of the Helix SW certainly wasn't as good as I'd hoped but  the difference is I had 100% confidence that future updates would fix the shortcomings.  The did this and more, and they are still going with it.  Much as I like the idea of the Quad Cortex, I'd be concerned about dropping £1500 on something that may or may not get ongoing support.  time will tell
    I very nearly pre ordered the QC when it was announced but I'm glad I didn't.

I'll think about it in maybe a year's time when hopefully they've got their shit together.

• I very nearly pre ordered the QC when it was announced but I'm glad I didn't.

I'll think about it in maybe a year's time when hopefully they've got their shit together.

To be honest, I'd expect that kind of caution in anybody who bought Elite: Dangerous in the first year :D
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom