Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited November 2020
    ** NOW POSTPONED**

Guitar Guitar have an online demo night 
    on 12th Nov at 7pm from the guys at Neural. It was up on Facebook
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I still think that no SPDIF or Optical connections is a serious omission for a high end product 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    sweepy said:
    I still think that no SPDIF or Optical connections is a serious omission for a high end product 
    It's a direct interface as well - so (for me at least) the SPDIF / Optical connections are not a deal breaker.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    FarleyUK said:
    sweepy said:
    It's a direct interface as well - so (for me at least) the SPDIF / Optical connections are not a deal breaker.
    It’s how I used to connect my Helix rack to Audient id44 as an Aggregate device was too laggy and I needed my 4 XLR’s free for mic’s 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    sweepy said:

If it's going for the pro market SPDIF is a consumer standard. AES on XLRs is the pro version.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Do we know yet if it has the concept of global effects blocks, like the GT 1000?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10226
    Trude said:
    Do we know yet if it has the concept of global effects blocks, like the GT 1000?
    Do you mean that you can put a reverb in and change it in one preset and it'll change it in all?

I aways thought it would be good for amp blocks, where you're at a gig and you have 10 presets with the same amp and you can change the levels on just one amp block and it would change them in all the patches. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Trude said:
    Do you mean that you can put a reverb in and change it in one preset and it'll change it in all?

I aways thought it would be good for amp blocks, where you're at a gig and you have 10 presets with the same amp and you can change the levels on just one amp block and it would change them in all the patches. 
    Yes, exactly. The Boss GT1000 can do that, and I think the AxeFX too. Combined with a great touch screen interface, it'd be a game changer in usability I reckon.

Trading feedback here
    edited November 2020
    Trude said:
    Trude said:

Yes, exactly. The Boss GT1000 can do that, and I think the AxeFX too. Combined with a great touch screen interface, it'd be a game changer in usability I reckon.
    I've got the FM3. There's so many options and so much to learn so I'll have a look and see if it can do that. I've been using three presets with multiple reverbs, delays in each because it sucks having to change amp volumes and settings for dozens of presets, but being able to globally change them would be awesome. 

Edit. Just seen the FM3 doesn't have global blocks!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6836
    Trude said:
    Trude said:

I've got the FM3. There's so many options and so much to learn so I'll have a look and see if it can do that. I've been using three presets with multiple reverbs, delays in each because it sucks having to change amp volumes and settings for dozens of presets, but being able to globally change them would be awesome. 

Only the AXE FX III has global blocks. Using the FM3-Edit block presets saving capability make updating blocks across presets a bit easier when using FM3 Edit.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Trude said:
    Trude said:

Only the AXE FX III has global blocks. Using the FM3-Edit block presets saving capability make updating blocks across presets a bit easier when using FM3 Edit.
    Yea that's a good point. But you'd still have to go into every patch and load that block. It won't save and change everything globally. 

I think it'll come in an update eventually. 
    To be honest, it mystifies me that global effect blocks aren't a standard feature in all MFX units these days. The GT1000 almost nails it, but where it falls down is getting quick access to the effect settings you want to tweak. Mind you, there have been a few updates since I last tried one, so this might have been improved

Trading feedback here
  • I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.

Bye!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24307
    I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.
    I wish Helix did that.

I have a patch that I save my favourites in but it's a hassle to then copy and paste them.
  • I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.
    I wish Helix did that.

I have a patch that I save my favourites in but it's a hassle to then copy and paste them.
    It would be good. I put those two requests into their Ideascale a year or so ago!

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Kemper does that....

No idea if it's on the QC though. It's now looking like there is going to be another delay, and we won't see it until 2021. Bit of a shitshow with their marketing & communications...!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    I'm less worried about global blocks and more worried about having selectable default settings and selectable favourites so I can have my own little blocks library that are all my sounds. And then create my presets from that as I go.
    I wish Helix did that.

That's one of my Helix annoyances.

If I switch through amps, or pedals they are all set to stupid defaults so it's impossible to do a decent A/B comparison.
  • Not sure about selectable/multiple defaults, but NDSP did mention back in August that each block can have its default settings edited and saved. Whether this functionality is part of the initial release remains to be seen.

https://neuraldsp.com/blogs/news/august-2020-quad-cortex-development-update
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24307
    FarleyUK said:
    Kemper does that....

No idea if it's on the QC though. It's now looking like there is going to be another delay, and we won't see it until 2021. Bit of a shitshow with their marketing & communications...!
    Where does it say that?
  • Thomann’s estimated availability shifted back to 6-8 weeks (it was 3-4 weeks yesterday). I just spoke to someone at Thomann who said they’re expecting the first batch of units in 12th-16th December, which is 6-ish weeks from now. Whether this is caused a by fresh delay at NDSP is difficult to say - Andertons ETA remains unchanged at 10th December.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom