How much Guitar clutter do you have?

What's Hot
MilkMilk Frets: 84
Just curious really but how much guitar related clutter do you have in your house?

I Have 3 full drawers full of picks, cables, batteries, knackered parts and unused straps.

What did you have?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Too much.

Sometimes I imagine selling almost EVERYTHING and keeping just one acoustic guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    Two houses full of it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    @earwighoney I did exactly that years ago and because of unforeseen circumstances i regretted the decision and the stuff i used to love is now unobtainable for now.

@stonevibe you have put m mind at ease with only a few drawers.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    Too much.

I'm interested in hearing @HarrySeven on this topic.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    that would be interesting
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1591
    Way too much.  It's what happens when you've been playing over 50 years and don't like to get rid of stuff!

The stack of flight cases in the middle of the picture are all full of pedals.  There's another side of the room you can't see and more stuff in the band room that we have.
    1reaction image LOL 36reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    PhilKing said:
    Way too much.  It's what happens when you've been playing over 50 years and don't like to get rid of stuff!

The stack of flight cases in the middle of the picture are all full of pedals.  There's another side of the room you can't see and more stuff in the band room that we have.

That's awesome. Never give up the dream! Enjoy it. 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2413
    Currently I live alone (and plan to keep it that way for a while) and one entire room is bass/guitar/music related including my record player/stereo etc.

I will never compromise on that...I love it too much!

I do have an old plastic B&Q drawer thing in the corner full of strings, pic, straps, cables etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve had a massive declutter over the last couple of years, for a variety of reasons. Now apart from my guitars I have a bag full of cables, a couple of pedals, a tuner and a little tiny plastic box full of screws, springs, allen keys etc... and on the shelf behind that, the trem cavity cover from my Soloist... oh, and a tin with about a thousand plectrums in it, which I’ve accrued over the years (and which will keep getting fuller, as my stepdaughter’s Christmas & birthday present of choice for me is a handful of picks) :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

PhilKing said:

That is amazing. a guitar nerd could spend ages having a nosey through all this !
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32390
    Oh God, endless piles of clutter over three rooms and an absolutely groaning attic.

Lots of it is crap or just "might come in handy" stuff, but it's easy to end up with 500 quids' worth of used pickups in amongst the rubbish which looks like scrap to a layperson. 

I REALLY need to start cataloguing and selling stuff, not least because I don't want my wife to get ripped off if anything happens to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Milk said:
    @earwighoney I did exactly that years ago and because of unforeseen circumstances i regretted the decision and the stuff i used to love is now unobtainable for now.
    Yeah that's how I'd see a lot of my stuff as well, not just my guitars but my other hobby (records).

There seems to be a fashion for minimal houses, empty spaces without clutter, but I really hate that way to live (each to their own) I like having books, records, guitars and other things which many deem as clutter.

A shame to read you regret the decision for parting with the stuff as you did. We all do things we regret, the tricky thing is trying to move on.

Btw, I think you need to treat yourself to a new pedal/guitar/amp. :)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11680
    One man's clutter is another man's er...er... not clutter.

Seeing @PhilKing 's photo above makes me think that I have wasted my life.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Less than H7.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25106
    I've got more than anyone else except @PhilKing and @HarrySeven. Probably. And I expect mine is all squashed into a much smaller space.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKing said:

Wow. Is that a home in the background? Think I might show this to my other half the next time she complains about my measly 7 pedals and amp in the conservatory :) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    PhilKing said:

How much of this came with you from Yorkshire
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I've got a wardrobe full of pedals I can't even remember what they do.
    Loads of cables in drawers. I just can't bring myself to throw any of them away, even the broken ones.
    Also a cupboard full of vintage banjos I've lovingly restored to their full majestic splendour.
    I'm aware some of you might consider the banjo thing as a filthy perversion.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    edited October 2020
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9128
    Paging @HarrySeven ;
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.