How much Guitar clutter do you have?

What's Hot

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 670
    PhilKing said:
    Way too much.  It's what happens when you've been playing over 50 years and don't like to get rid of stuff!

The stack of flight cases in the middle of the picture are all full of pedals.  There's another side of the room you can't see and more stuff in the band room that we have.
    Norm?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Far, far less than before lockdown/work dried up. Down to pretty much the essentials for when work comes back, now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    PhilKing said:
    Way too much.  It's what happens when you've been playing over 50 years and don't like to get rid of stuff!

The stack of flight cases in the middle of the picture are all full of pedals.  There's another side of the room you can't see and more stuff in the band room that we have.
    Wow. Is that a home in the background? Think I might show this to my other half the next time she complains about my measly 7 pedals and amp in the conservatory :) 
    As soon as I saw the picture, I showed my wife. Good work. 
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm going to be honest, I literally laughed out loud at @PhilKing 's photo. Dude. Thats... nuts :-D
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25105
    @PhilKing is that your actual kitchen back there in the corner, or do you have a refreshments area in your guitar room warehouse?
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Not too much (as long as you exclude three electrics I never play). A few cases, maybe a dozen or so cables, probably a pedal or two if I could be bothered to look, and the odd bridge, pickup, pickguard, etc.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Sold a lot on mine during lockdown. Still have some more tho :lol: 

• PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1590
    @Milk - my Godson was over a couple of years ago and went through a lot of the stuff.  These were the pedals back then, but I've got a lot more since (lots of thanks to @juansolo for many of them).

I've added another flight case since this shot.

@guitars4you ; - not much, just a couple, but then I've bought things through the years, even when John and Bob were running it as Spectre Sound.  I also have a lot of custom built stuff from England, including guitars from @wezv, Bravewood, Feline, and others, amps from MJW and Matamp and effects from @ThorpyFX and @juansolo ;

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9121
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1590
    Philly_Q said:
    @PhilKing is that your actual kitchen back there in the corner, or do you have a refreshments area in your guitar room warehouse?
    and @pluckbuddyIt's actually a granny flat that was in the house when we bought it.  I took the space for my studio and the bedroom for my office.  That's why there is a kitchen, but at the moment we use the fridge (especially for beer) and pretty much nothing else.  Once I get things sorted I'll keep a coffee maker there and there's be an oven and microwave.  It's getting sorted slowly, but I'm not allowed to lift anything more than 10lbs for the next few weeks, so it's back on hold.  
  • PhilKing said:

You are solely responsible for a sharp increase of Cases in your area! Superspreader  :p

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    PhilKing said:
    @Milk - my Godson was over a couple of years ago and went through a lot of the stuff.  These were the pedals back then, but I've got a lot more since (lots of thanks to @juansolo for many of them).

I've added another flight case since this shot.

@guitars4you ; - not much, just a couple, but then I've bought things through the years, even when John and Bob were running it as Spectre Sound.  I also have a lot of custom built stuff from England, including guitars from @wezv, Bravewood, Feline, and others, amps from MJW and Matamp and effects from @ThorpyFX and @juansolo ;

Thats an impressive amount of pedals. think i own one pedal at the moment haha
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    edited October 2020
    PhilKing said:

OMG! I showed my wife this and she said she'll never complain about how much gear I have! Thanks, you've done me and probably many on here a big favour
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    crunchman said:
    Too much.

I'm interested in hearing @HarrySeven on this topic.
    Hmmmm...earlier this evening, I counted 22 guitars in my office, along with amps, pedals, tools and other crap.

My workshop is full to capacity with music gear and the studio is currently rammed to the doors with hundreds of guitars, plus piles of amps, numerous 6’ studio racks full of processors, cabinets full of pedals and a whole lot of keyboard stuff...so yes...I have far too much guitar-related clutter. ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    @HarrySeven you are more than welcome to store at my house when you inevitably run out of room.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    Less than H7.
    More than @Funkfingers.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3457
    Less than H7.
    More than @Funkfingers.
    ...and me
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    About half a rooms worth. I stopped playing between 26-30 and sold off nearly all my gear. Had that not happened I suspect I’d have an aircraft hanger of stuff. 
  • Milk said:
    @HarrySeven you are more than welcome to store at my house when you inevitably run out of room.
    Words you may come to regret
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74491
    edited October 2020
    PhilKing said:
    You really don't. It looks like there's an Ovation case in the middle there .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom