How much Guitar clutter do you have?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 894
    JerkMoans said:

Is this a thermal image of the day after a vindaloo?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4126
    crunchman said:
    Too much.

I'm interested in hearing @HarrySeven on this topic.
    Hmmmm...earlier this evening, I counted 22 guitars in my office, along with amps, pedals, tools and other crap.

My workshop is full to capacity with music gear and the studio is currently rammed to the doors with hundreds of guitars, plus piles of amps, numerous 6’ studio racks full of processors, cabinets full of pedals and a whole lot of keyboard stuff...so yes...I have far too much guitar-related clutter. ;)
    We want pics, we want pics...
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    Milk said:
    @HarrySeven you are more than welcome to store at my house when you inevitably run out of room.
    Words you may come to regret
    I have a empty  bedroom dedicated for guitar and its still empty after a year

• @stonevibe you have put m mind at ease with only a few drawers.
    This!

I have a few cupboards full.

:(
    Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1590
    ICBM said:
    PhilKing said:
    Way too much.  It's what happens when you've been playing over 50 years and don't like to get rid of stuff!
    You really don't. It looks like there's an Ovation case in the middle there .
    It is, from the guitar that I've owned longest of all.  It is my Ovation Matrix prototype with a Balladeer body but aluminium neck.  It records beautifully, but the frets are starting to wear out now.  I got it in 1976 or 77 from the Rose Morris rep, who was told he had to sell it because it sounded better than the most expensive Ovations.  It is a deep body and is fully acoustic.  
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    PhilKing said:
    ICBM said:
    PhilKing said:
    Way too much.  It's what happens when you've been playing over 50 years and don't like to get rid of stuff!
    You really don't. It looks like there's an Ovation case in the middle there .
    It is, from the guitar that I've owned longest of all.  It is my Ovation Matrix prototype with a Balladeer body but aluminium neck.  It records beautifully, but the frets are starting to wear out now.  I got it in 1976 or 77 from the Rose Morris rep, who was told he had to sell it because it sounded better than the most expensive Ovations.  It is a deep body and is fully acoustic.  
    That's going to be an awkward refret... is this the model with frets and neck all cast as one piece
    Yes, the fingerboard is just an epoxy layer on the aluminium.  I have toyed with looking for a matrix which has decent frets and swapping the necks.  The only other option is more drastic.  Take down all the frets and glue on the thinnest fingerboard possible and then fret that.  I'm sure a lot of the sound is from the neck, so swapping it for a wood one would really change the tone.  

It has a few cracks and is losing epoxy on some areas of the fingerboard (a bit like the opposite effect of a worn maple neck), so it doesn't get played as much, but I still like the sound more than all my other acoustics, which includes Martin, Gibson, Breedlove, PRS and others.
  • Milk said:
    Milk said:
    @HarrySeven you are more than welcome to store at my house when you inevitably run out of room.
    Mr 7 will laugh at your bedroom when he arrives with 5 artic trailers, 4 caravans and a hatchback loaded to the gills with guitar stuff
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PhilKing said:
    Yes, the fingerboard is just an epoxy layer on the aluminium.  I have toyed with looking for a matrix which has decent frets and swapping the necks.  The only other option is more drastic.  Take down all the frets and glue on the thinnest fingerboard possible and then fret that.  I'm sure a lot of the sound is from the neck, so swapping it for a wood one would really change the tone.  

It has a few cracks and is losing epoxy on some areas of the fingerboard (a bit like the opposite effect of a worn maple neck), so it doesn't get played as much, but I still like the sound more than all my other acoustics, which includes Martin, Gibson, Breedlove, PRS and others.
    I think i would level it all off and slot the aluminum for normal frets, glued in with no teeth.  Not easy by any means, but should be possible

Or even take the Parker fly approach and glue new frets directly to the board

You might get another project once travel is possible again!
    PhilKing said:
    You might get another project once travel is possible again!
    I should keep my mouth shut :D 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3891
    edited October 2020
    Sassafras said:
    I've got a wardrobe full of pedals I can't even remember what they do.
    Loads of cables in drawers. I just can't bring myself to throw any of them away, even the broken ones.
    Also a cupboard full of vintage banjos I've lovingly restored to their full majestic splendour.
    I'm aware some of you might consider the banjo thing as a filthy perversion.
    As long as you have no ukeleles or accordions, I'll file it under 'what goes on tour, stays on tour'
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9121
    revsorg said:
    JerkMoans said:

Is this a thermal image of the day after a vindaloo?
    Arse like the Japanese flag...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Milk said:
    Milk said:
    Mr 7 will laugh at your bedroom when he arrives with 5 artic trailers, 4 caravans and a hatchback loaded to the gills with guitar stuff
    Honestly there is space. parking for the trucks and caravans is a issue on the other hand. plus i doubt my wife would be happy
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15270
    edited October 2020
    meltedbuzzbox said:
    a hatchback loaded to the gills with guitar stuff
    [In the manner of Edith Evans.] A hatchback? 

On the public highway, Lord and Lady Seven drive estate cars. In the warehouses, I expect that the staff drive fork lift trucks or Manitou tele-handlers.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11680
    Milk said:
    Milk said:
    And that would just be the stuff he got this afternoon. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    I only have a small 'den' that's about 11'  x 7'6" and half of that is 'office space' with built in desk unit, so it's very limiting and forces me to be very economical and creative re space. Ive just added a shelf above my amps to hold a few more guitars in their cases. 

So although I have a few superfluous pedals and MFX to sell, I don't really have much clutter.  I will be selling an amp or maybe two simply because I don't really use them anymore. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    scrumhalf said:
    Milk said:
    Milk said:
    And that would just be the stuff he got this afternoon. 
    this afternoon between the hours of 1pm and 2pm and will be stuff i never heard of or seen and realise i really want one, go to buy one but @HarrySeven has bought them all
  • MarchMarch Frets: 300
    PhilKing said:

The stack of flight cases in the middle of the picture are all full of pedals.  There's another side of the room you can't see and more stuff in the band room that we have.

I've just gained a new hero...