Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I bought a Tiny Terror. And struggled.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• shadyshady Frets: 252
    Thought I'd stick an update in as Santa got me a Classic Lead 80. As I'm using the old PA cab when I can't be arsed setting up the stereo stuff, it's taller slimmer profile lacked the oomph of my main two deeper 1x12's. Considerably beefier than before, try one in your bijou combo or cab - definitely recommended and a great match for a Terror.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Vaguely on topic I suppose, but I had a Jim Root sig Dark Terror which I kept for about a week.  

It was horrible - but Dark was about right…. There was absolutely no top end at all.   
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    The added FX loop with an EQ pedal works bloody wonders on mine. The Dark has a proper loop doesn't it? Well...I say proper...may well be shite. Did you try it or was the whole experience that bad it wasn't worth experimenting with?
  • RobDavies said:
    Vaguely on topic I suppose, but I had a Jim Root sig Dark Terror which I kept for about a week.  

It was horrible - but Dark was about right…. There was absolutely no top end at all.   
    I think Oranges are just generally less bright-sounding than Marshall, Fender et al. My gigging amp is a Rocker 30 and I love it, but I do tend to have the treble pretty much on maximum even when it's running through a cab with bright speakers.  Luckily it's enough top end for what I want, but if I wanted any more I'd need a different amp.