Keith Urban - tell me more

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• As with all genres of music - You have the base or roots of country - Then you have all the grey areas, where country is mixed with swing, rock n roll, rock, pop etc etc

A banjo, an acoustic guitar, a stetson and a few yee haa's alone don't make it country

Elvis had country roots in a few songs - The Eagles had a strong country influence, especially the earlier years with Bernie Leadon - Even Ray Charles had a Country orientated album 

Personally I have no issue with such grey areas - And that applies to the grey areas of soul, jazz, rock etc etc - And often it is the grey areas I prefer - Steely Dan for one - No way are they jazz - But they have a cool jazz influence in many songs

I equate Keith Urban with the first time I played the Bryan Adams Reckless album - It wasn't pop, it wasn't rock but it was guitar based and it was good - IMO there is a likeness to both guys - Song first with some tasty guitar playing to support, not overtake, the song
    I agree and I am no serious stuck in the past traditionalist, just someone who when listening to Country music expects country music. If you’re a rock fan and Beyoncé releases her latest album goes top of charts despite not being rock, you and all rock fans would have something to say. 
    I play on average 26-28 songs on a 2 hour country show, of that approximately 20 are brand new songs, certainly from 2020, quite often that week. 
    There is great new country music out there but charts are so rigged the real artists don’t stand a chance. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom