Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

GigRig G3!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12709
    Lebarque said:
    soma1975 said:
    On that note it's interesting how many celebs that have had boards made for them on TPS are no longer using them. Matt Schofield, Kirk Fletcher, EOB etc.. 
    G2 etc. is superb if you've a complicated rig and demanding needs. For most of us, as our brain power decreases/we want to focus on playing rather than switching, we crave simplification and don't need/want complicated switchers.
    TBH, G2 and Gigrig in general *simplified* things for me... but if you only ever use one drive and a wah, then its probably too much to cope with/overkill.

One thing on the Boss ES... fucking *HORRIBLE* to program. I had one (ES-5) when they first came out and sent it back within the 14 days as it was like using a god-awful multi-effects unit with acres of drop down menus. I'm sure its *very* clever and works for some but as a hater of menu systems on effects units, it wasn't for me.

I'm a big fan of the G2 but the added Midi capability (and two extra loops) make this very interesting to me.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    impmann said:
    Lebarque said:
    soma1975 said:
    On that note it's interesting how many celebs that have had boards made for them on TPS are no longer using them. Matt Schofield, Kirk Fletcher, EOB etc.. 
    G2 etc. is superb if you've a complicated rig and demanding needs. For most of us, as our brain power decreases/we want to focus on playing rather than switching, we crave simplification and don't need/want complicated switchers.
    TBH, G2 and Gigrig in general *simplified* things for me... but if you only ever use one drive and a wah, then its probably too much to cope with/overkill.

One thing on the Boss ES... fucking *HORRIBLE* to program. I had one (ES-5) when they first came out and sent it back within the 14 days as it was like using a god-awful multi-effects unit with acres of drop down menus. I'm sure its *very* clever and works for some but as a hater of menu systems on effects units, it wasn't for me.

I'm a big fan of the G2 but the added Midi capability (and two extra loops) make this very interesting to me.
    Yeah the menus on the Boss ES5 aren’t the best but in general all Boss units are like that I’ve found. Tbh it’s the menu navigation of the atom/g3 which I think is what I like, much better and user friendly. I am happy to pay for this, like I do with Apple products for the same reason. It is much more of an enjoyable experience when it’s easy to program. Leaves more time for actual playing etc. 

I’m gonna buy an atom at this rate aren’t I lol 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    edited October 2020
    Never had a gigrig switcher but returned the boss one due to tone suck. It just doesn’t preserve your core tone though I’m almost sure these gigrig boxes will do coming from such a tone nerd such as dan. 
  • The ES devices are initially hard to program, but once you get your head around the workflow it's possible to set up a sound in seconds. There's also an editor which works though the midi ports which makes it very easy to copy and paste between presets.

They're aging a little but are exceptional switchers.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    The ES devices are initially hard to program, but once you get your head around the workflow it's possible to set up a sound in seconds. There's also an editor which works though the midi ports which makes it very easy to copy and paste between presets.

They're aging a little but are exceptional switchers.
    I agree totally. Never noticed any tone suck and never read about them having any. Which is quite a statement in this day and age of reviews / demoes we have access to. I’d say gigrig and boss are at least equal (but not in price) but the gigrig is winning in the programming side of things at the moment for me. Time will tell :) 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Anyone had experience of how the musicomlab switchers compare to boss or gigrig ? 

They look to have more functionality than boss, but potentially ever harder to programme. 

Pete thorn chose to use one for his board do imagine they're high class "tone suck" wise. 
  • I'm finding myself drawn to the G3 right now. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bye!

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited September 2021
    Anyone got any opinions on G3 versus Boss ES8?

I have an ES5, and I'm thinking about upgrading to a G3 or ES8. 

Bye!

• Anyone got any opinions on G3 versus Boss ES8?

I have an ES5, and I'm thinking about upgrading to a G3 or ES8. 
    Apart from the price. ES8 is much cheaper and imo just as good