Whammy bar wobble

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JazzthatJazzthat Frets: 163
    I have measured top hole on bridge today . It's about 5.55mm , arm is solid 5mm . 
    The only solution here would be a hard plastic shim or just PTFE tape .
    I am pretty sure that the internal thread is oversized . 
    I'll get M5 thread gauge and double check that . If that would be a case , I'll return it .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Callaham fixed this 20+ years ago, and they sound great too. I won't buy any other sort of strat bridge ever again

I replaced the block on my Fender Custom Shop Strat with a Callaham. I actually enjoy using the vibrato now! I have another full Callaham vibrato on an old Squier. It's probably worth more than the guitar!
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2531
    If any Ibanez users are stricken by this terrible limpness in their wangers they can see this thread for relief: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1578720/#Comment_1578720

• Callaham fixed this 20+ years ago, and they sound great too. I won't buy any other sort of strat bridge ever again

I replaced the block on my Fender Custom Shop Strat with a Callaham. I actually enjoy using the vibrato now! I have another full Callaham vibrato on an old Squier. It's probably worth more than the guitar!
    I doff my hat to you sir for your correct use of vibrato. 
    That makes me feel warm and fluffy
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

I doff my hat to you sir for your correct use of vibrato. 
    That makes me feel warm and fluffy

Haha, thanks! That was the intention.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Callaham fixed this 20+ years ago, and they sound great too. I won't buy any other sort of strat bridge ever again

Personally, I think if my old Squier needs an upgrade it'll get it, cos it's worth loads, to me anyway :)