Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quite nice different guitar of the day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20597
    Very nice looking guitar there, thoughtfully done with real care.
    I reckon Roger Rossmeisl would have been pleased to have done it  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikem8634mikem8634 Frets: 382
    That is a lovely thing indeed. Tiny touch of a Ric 620 in that upper horn and the spirit of a Danelectro Wild Thing in the curves. The overall aesthetic is really stylish and high end, Personally I'd prefer some surrounds for those pickups, probably chrome to match the other hardware. It'd be a nice touch if the headstock echoed the body routing - a bit like the 6 inline Fano ones but not relic'd perhaps.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    Kalimna said:
    Imaging binding on that, on both levels.
    I reckon routing out a channel from upper-level-face to bottom-level binding depth initially. The routing away the bottom level, then routing upper level binding channel.
    i would just do one deeper channel all the way round.  Its the way Kauer do it on the bound  Banshee models

i don't think it would be as neat if the binding followed the steps
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1590

I do like the whole Kauer look - very clean lines. However Im not sure I agree that a stepped binding wouldn't look as neat. I think it would just look different. But then, especially where aesthetics are concerned, it would be a very boring existence if we all liked the same thing!

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25105
    It's a very nice design.  I'd like to see the whole thing though, with the headstock, to see if it ruins the look.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    Kalimna said:

I do like the whole Kauer look - very clean lines. However Im not sure I agree that a stepped binding wouldn't look as neat. I think it would just look different. But then, especially where aesthetics are concerned, it would be a very boring existence if we all liked the same thing!

Maybe I'm struggling to see it,  whereas I know the Kauer approach works well.

There are obviously a couple of ways you could approach stepped binding, and I'm not sure I would be happy with either of them.

Anyway, given this guitars contours, there would be more difficult decisions than that to make.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1590
    Hmmm, thinking about it, I wonder how just having the blue portion with binding would look?
  • Looks familiar - is that one of the ones from the Unofficial Great Guitar Build-Off?
    <space for hire>
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    Philly_Q said:
    It's a very nice design.  I'd like to see the whole thing though, with the headstock, to see if it ruins the look.
    He's keeping us all in suspense - no 17,000th fret if he doesn't hurry up and fess up...
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Pretty cool without a doubt.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74491
    rawk100 said:
    That looks lovely, Framus do a similar style with some of their guitars.
    Idolmaker. I wasn't aware of these at all until I was looking for something completely unrelated just now and one came up in the Google search.

That said, I think the one posted here is much nicer - the more minimalist modern design works better in my opinion, and the hardware on the Framus looks clunky and old-fashioned by comparison.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein