Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The HarrySeven Signature Guitar

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
edited October 2020 in Guitar
Following a bit of a thread hijack elsewhere (sorry @Devil#20), @Funkfingers hit upon the idea of a H7 Sig model...

However, what would the specs be?

@Funkfingers suggested a set neck - but one which has already had the headstock "pre-broken" and repaired. 
@Bridghouse thought that it needs an easily stackable case which will fit in the boot of a Rover 75.

My own thoughts are that it would need to meet the following requirements:

Larger-bodied, quirky shapes are cool - Offsets, Firebirds, Explorers are some of my faves, overly pointy stuff, less so.
Highly-modded existing guitars are fine.
Onboard effects are a definite bonus (including Devo-tastic Mark Mothersbaugh-style stuff).
Some kind of vibrato is essential.
Pickups should either conform to the following: either a single HB/P90 or as many as you can physically fit in there.

Based on the shit quality items which I usually post, please feel free to make suggestions... 

Anyone fancy taking on a build challenge?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MattNovakMattNovak Frets: 907
    Needs an over-engineered trem with missing parts.
    www.theflyingacesband.com
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    M D Phillips is your man for this build, surely?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    The case needs to be engraved with a map showing all the good coffee stops near motorway junctions. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Surely there needs to be some crucial element of the guitar that remains either broken or non functioning
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    what would the specs be?
    X-ray, of course.  :)

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe to retain the overall theme it had to have been made at least 30 years ago?  And were a limited run.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Maybe to retain the overall theme it had to have been made at least 30 years ago?  And were a limited run.
    Oak barrel aged perhaps
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Surely there needs to be some crucial element … that remains either broken or non functioning
    The Rover 75! :-p

@Bridgehouse Is it possible for a Modmin to selectively remove the hijack posts from Devil#20’s WTB:335 Discussion, please?

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    Must have a Bond Electraglide style stepped fretboard
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3432
    This idea of as many pickups has mileage, what would it be though? 
    Lipstick neck, strat pickup tucked alongside in a humbucker cavity, dog ear p90 in the middle and something like a gold foil or Rick pickup in the bridge? 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Build a filtertron into the neck. Just remove the last 5 frets or summat. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Surely there needs to be some crucial element … that remains either broken or non functioning
    The Rover 75! :-p

@Bridgehouse Is it possible for a Modmin to selectively remove the hijack posts from Devil#20’s WTB:335 Discussion, please?

Yes - but I’d have to do it tonight tho as I’m out at the mo
  • This beautiful monstrosity. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    A modular Hayman, suitably bashed about and abused with a non matching vibrato system might fit the bill. Extra points for a horrible paint job and unsuitable pickup mods.
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    edited October 2020
    Lipstick neck, strat pickup tucked alongside in a humbucker cavity, dog ear p90 in the middle and something like a gold foil or Rick pickup in the bridge? 
    Oh come on, your are slacking there. There is way more you can fit into the allotted space all side by side from right against the fretboard to right in front of the bridge (more on that in a moment) all with independent 3 switches for in/out of phase and off, but, and here is the kicker, the switch placement should not correspond with the pickups location making it as hard as possible to workout what sound your getting from the switches. 

As for the trem, it needs to be something that you wouldn’t normally find on a guitar if it’s type, eg. A strat trem on an SG or better yet a Gibson vibrola style hacked to fit on a telecaster. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9122
    It would need a non-standard output Jack, requiring a virtually unobtainable Soviet-era 9 pin DIN connector, or similar.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    Somewhere between...

https://i.imgur.com/Xjrj7vM.jpg

and

https://i.imgur.com/UUbUUCx.jpg

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    This beautiful monstrosity. 

Love it!