What to do with WEM Sapphire?

2»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    edited November 2020
    So, a Gibson scale conversion neck?

Or - how do I know what scale neck to get?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Would it be worth picking up a super cheap Epiphone (or similar) bolt on neck and modifying the heel a bit to approximate the neck pocket? Then you could try out the scale length before investing more heavily in something more permanent?

Just a thought.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73049
    rico said:
    So, a Gibson scale conversion neck?

Or - how do I know what scale neck to get?
    A Gibson scale conversion neck will have the same problem you've got now, because if that's where the intonation is for a Fender-scale neck, conversion necks are designed to give the same intonation point relative to the pocket, so they fit on Fender bodies without modification.

Your best bet is actually a true 22-fret (no overhang) 25.5"-scale neck, because that will move the neck about 1/4" further out of the body compared to where it is now - but it won't be the original scale length, which may matter to you.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 16960
    I think I would either move the bridge or fill and recut the neck pocket to make a standard neck fit.

A whole new neck could be made to fit perfectly, with whichever scale length you wanted... but thats the costly approach