Cringey ebay description

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 347
    steer said:
    Cant decide which bits I hate most. Maybe we can have a vote:-

1. OK, here's the dope
    2. nearly 30 years old and getting rarer all the time (investment).
    3. was a good girl
    4. recordings were spanky sharp and grunting devilish.
    5. a beautiful classic car of a guitar
    6. she runs beautifully.
    7. My old band leader saw me play this on stage last year and he just smiled.
    8. she is very experienced and looks dead sexy in a red dress.
    9. bye, bye grown up guitar, hello new lover.

I think no.7 is most weird
    Hmm I would have to say 1 or 3.

Or 4.

Or 7/8/9.

Jesus.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobertWRobertW Frets: 148
    I love how desperate you all are to one up each other with the insults at the same time you're calling the ebay seller immature for calling his guitar "she", oh the irony.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    2RobertW said:
    I love how desperate you all are to one up each other with the insults at the same time you're calling the ebay seller immature for calling his guitar "she", oh the irony.  
    I'd actually love to get my hands all over her if you could tell us the reserve price on her please Robert.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    Whitecat said:
    prowla said:
    Stopped reading at “she”..

I don't know why people refer to guitars as "she" - I generally stop when I see that.
    You may wish to avoid France, Spain, Italy and probably a bunch of other countries in future then, as I have some bad news about their languages for you...

Si, en Espanol las cosas son masculino or feminino, por ejemplo una guitarra.
    Pero no se llama la guitarra "ella".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1244
    RobertW said:
    I don’t think ‘immature’ is what I was getting from the listing. Giving inanimate objects sexual personas is more of a creepy sex pervert thing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    BTW gendered nouns in a language does not mean that inanimate objects are referred to by he/she. It’s a lot more subtle than that.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4233
    edited October 2020
    "So why get rid of her? Pandemic blues, say no more."

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    "My old band leader saw me play this on stage last year and he just smiled."

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    What a bunch of grumpy old men!

It's just a bit of fun on his part.
    I have to agree.... critiquing an ad is what folk do when they have got too much time on their hands:-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2481
    ZRobertW said:
    The ad is so cringingly awful that there’s a good chance it was tongue in cheek and that he’s enjoying our reaction. Whatever, it’s been a couple of pages of fun comments and welcome light relief from all the COVID/Brexit doom and gloom that’s filling our lives.

Some obviously prefer the gloom ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    Jimbro66 said:
    ZRobertW said:
    The ad is so cringingly awful that there’s a good chance it was tongue in cheek and that he’s enjoying our reaction. Whatever, it’s been a couple of pages of fun comments and welcome light relief from all the COVID/Brexit doom and gloom that’s filling our lives.

Some obviously prefer the gloom ;)
    Its obviously pointed a few potential buyers towards the listing too
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    axisus said:

I have to agree.... critiquing an ad is what folk do when they have got too much time on their hands:-)
    What about critiquing critique of an ad?
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    edited October 2020
    axisus said:

'Critiquing'. No we're just taking the piss because he IS Swiss Tony/Alan Partridge/Buffalo Bill/insert here.

I wouldn't 'critique' a FB ad but the 100 zillion people on the  internet are fair game. And if that ad did appear on here I'd be the first to give it a lol. And lighten up man!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    axisus said:

It's like when people respond to forum posts here with "first world problems". Of course it's a first world problem it's a fucking guitar forum. And of course people here have got too much time on their hands. It's a wanky ad, so let's say so.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1244
    edited October 2020
    Philtre said:
    axisus said:

It's like when people respond to forum posts here with "first world problems". Of course it's a first world problem it's a fucking guitar forum. And of course people here have got too much time on their hands. It's a wanky ad, so let's say so.
    Add to that the lad writing the ad clearly had too much time on his hands, amongst other things
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom