Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hand made In the UK strat?

What's Hot

Comments

• jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 87
    edited October 2020
    My Gray is a wonderful guitar. Extremely comfortable neck, gorgeous piece. Feels truly handcrafted like the Melancon Tele I have. My Fenders (Strat Pluses) are great but don’t have the same unique magic. He does like 11’s, which I’ve concluded are too heavy for me, so I need to do some tweaking in the near future. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2554
    No one's mentioned Mike Smith yet - built completely by hand, and reasonably priced. Really want to shell out for one myself at some point, but I'm a Smith too, so a headstock with my surname on it does hold a certain sway there.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely worth checking out Eternal Guitars in Chichester. Dave Walsh there makes the guitars from scratch and even does his own pickups. They are easily comparible with the CS stuff and aswell as stock builds, he'll do builds to order. His relic work is amazing but again if you want something less worn and built to your exact specs then he can do it. He's a super nice guy too and really passionate about what he does
  • SVL Guitars?
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 150
    Definitely a second for Simon Law at SVL ....there’s also a guy in Wales ...Zero One guitars I think who I eve been told on good authority is top notch ... his work looks amazing . 
  • timmypix said:
    No one's mentioned Mike Smith yet - built completely by hand, and reasonably priced. Really want to shell out for one myself at some point, but I'm a Smith too, so a headstock with my surname on it does hold a certain sway there.
    I'd be looking to Mike also. Some great looking stuff on his Insta.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SVL Guitars?
    pumkin said:
    Definitely a second for Simon Law at SVL ....there’s also a guy in Wales ...Zero One guitars I think who I eve been told on good authority is top notch ... his work looks amazing . 
    thanks for the info. Just did a bit of a search on SVL and seems its a very pricey partscaster. Don't get me wrong, I get that a Fender Custom Shop is as well, but at least it has resale value and a brand name that's got history.....
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
    SVL Guitars?
    pumkin said:
    SVL don't build from scratch, despite the price tag.
  • CloudNine said:
    SVL Guitars?
    pumkin said:
    SVL don't build from scratch, despite the price tag.
    Oops, sorry! Always assumed they did (though not really looked into it that much)
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 150
    brucegill said:
    SVL Guitars?
    pumkin said:
    thanks for the info. Just did a bit of a search on SVL and seems its a very pricey partscaster. Don't get me wrong, I get that a Fender Custom Shop is as well, but at least it has resale value and a brand name that's got history.....
    Fair point but you don’t see many Secondhand SVLs coming up very often ... there’s a good reason for that . 
  • Yeah, I see that. And from what I hear they’re fantastic, so thanks for the info. Just not where I’m putting my money at the moment. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Mike Hobbs who has trained more luthiers than anyone i know has launched his own line while he has time on his hands through lockdown . They look nice.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Mike Hobbs who has trained more luthiers than anyone i know has launched his own line while he has time on his hands through lockdown . They look nice.

Thanks for that. It’s like you’ve read my mind as I just said I wanted seafoam green!? Spooky. I wanted 7.25” but that looks impossible to find. Need to find something with a 9.5 to see if I like it... 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
    Mike Hobbs who has trained more luthiers than anyone i know has launched his own line while he has time on his hands through lockdown . They look nice.

All looks a bit wonky. The low E very close to the edge of the fretboard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Another vote for MB guitars, they look realistically reliced and are vintage specced but are fairly (imo) priced. Eggles look great, but I have a preference f;

@FelineGuitars did an amazing vintage 59 strat build that was shared on this forum a while back that blew me away too.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Another vote for MB guitars, they look realistically reliced and are vintage specced but are fairly (imo) priced. Eggles look great, but I have a preference f;

@FelineGuitars did an amazing vintage 59 strat build that was shared on this forum a while back that blew me away too.
    oh this one: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/112445/feline-guitars-in-not-les-paul-shaped-guitar-shock/p1

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• That’s a stunner!
  • CloudNine said:

All looks a bit wonky. The low E very close to the edge of the fretboard.
    Ugly headstock too.
  • Mate of mine has a few Eternal guitars he loves. He's the other end of the country for lockdown so I've not seen them in person, but they look nice.

https://www.eternal-guitars.com/guitars
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • Never played one and don't know anyone who has, but Fraser Guitars produce some nice looking models.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom