Side dot markers stickers

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10591
    Hmm. I'm thinking of something less invasive. Like.q dab of acyllic paint or something,as suggested by @Nitefly ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    darius said:
    I can't give stickers advice but +1 for installing Luminlay side dots. Done by a tech, they are a game changer for dark gigs. (Those were the days).

And I do hope @Sassafras is joking. :-)
    How much did that cost you? And yea, I'm not gonna go to a Custom Shop with a file lol. I'll leave the work to someone else!
    Was ages ago so foggy memory. £50 ish maybe.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3494
    Get some glow in the dark nail varnish and dab a little on with a matchstick 
    edited November 2020
    grungebob said:
    Nail varnish on a nitro finish tho? Is nail varnish essentially nitro cellulose?
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    edited November 2020
    We used to use tritium on our gun sights, glows for about a decade on its own without need for charging. Not sure I’d feel great about touching it so much being on a guitar though even if it is safe. 

Theres a paint called ‘glow on’ though, which is basically for the same purpose but just not radioactive. 

Not sure if it might react to nitro though. 

The glow in the dark side markers that came on my Ibanez werent described as Luminlay, so I think they’re a cheapo copy.. as such they’re not that great lol.. Maybe I need specific light to charge them.. can use my iphones torch up real close to them, and they glow abit after but tbh the brightness doesnt last very long. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Just tried it actually for kicks.. 

Not exactly low light, but fairly low light. 

Pitch black: 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2020
    skunkwerx said:

Pitch black: 

Is this the original glow in the dark or is it the glow on or what? I ne d something similar I just need to make sure it doesn't react with the nitro really badly. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3494
    grungebob said:
    Nail varnish on a nitro finish tho? Is nail varnish essentially nitro cellulose?
    Ah didn’t read that bit. 
    edited November 2020
    skunkwerx said:

Pitch black: 

Yes this is what I need to do, I just need to make sure it doesn't react with the nitro really badly. 
    Those are the original lumimlay/luminlay clones, whatever Ibanez used. Not massively helpful sorry. 

I wasnt hugely impressed with them, felt like they would last long enough to be useful for a song then I’d need to recharge em again.
    could be that the light I was using wasnt ideal.. or maybe I expect too much.

Yeah I feel ya. I had heard that nail varnish can remedy scratches in nitro, and I ‘think’ it achieves that because it melts in with the existing nitro. 

That could be bollocks though. 

I did just find this company: https://glowtec.co.uk/fret-finders/

Seems like they make a fair amount of glow products, not all guitar related, and these are self adhesive which again could pose problems. 

I did wonder, not sure how your fret ends are, but perhaps a spot of glow in the dark paint then a clear coat over it right on the edge of the fret. Least it could be filed off without issue, if its a big enough surface and the paint sticks.. 

• I’ve got some of the glowtec fret finders. I haven’t stuck them on get, but they glow impressively .
    For my gigging guitar with a maple neck and small black dots I ended up using my sons acrylic model paint ( as it was to hand) as a quick fix. It’s still there 9 months later.