Are dealers prowling our classifieds?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5035
    I'm sure I've said something like this on another thread, but the difference is between here and, say, eBay, is that you're doing trades, sales and purchases with a number of friends, real, made, or 'virtual'.

For me, that means offer the guitar or amp at advantageous rates among a 'community'. I like that aspect of it, and it means that you get to meet other people who have also got something wrong with them.   :)

On that basis, I'm happy to sell under the prices that I'd sell for on other platforms and to travel the ends of the country to buy something or to drop it off.

I don't really want to sell to dealers via this forum - I have no objection to dealers whatsoever and have bought and sold dozens of guitars from and to dealers, but I'm under the impression that this isn't what this forum's intended for.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    DB1 said:
    I'm sure I've said something like this on another thread, but the difference is between here and, say, eBay, is that you're doing trades, sales and purchases with a number of friends, real, made, or 'virtual'.

For me, that means offer the guitar or amp at advantageous rates among a 'community'. I like that aspect of it, and it means that you get to meet other people who have also got something wrong with them.   :)

On that basis, I'm happy to sell under the prices that I'd sell for on other platforms and to travel the ends of the country to buy something or to drop it off.

I don't really want to sell to dealers via this forum - I have no objection to dealers whatsoever and have bought and sold dozens of guitars from and to dealers, but I'm under the impression that this isn't what this forum's intended for.
    It is in the joining rules that dealers have to declare themselves to the admin team.

If they don’t tell us then trading in here (buying or selling) is against the rules and they will be banned.

Simply put, the classifieds are provided for free. It takes our time to run them. We do not give our time freely for others to make money out of the classifieds when they don’t follow the rules we set.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5035
    Actually, I should qualify my previous post - there are some terrific declared 'traders' (whether they're dealers or builders) here, and I would be very pleased to - and do - deal with them. They're superb.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom