Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Guitarist Mag cover.

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
It’s EVH. But it suddenly dawned on me that it’s probably the first Guitarist magazine cover for about six years that hasn’t mentioned the Blues or an interview with someone who lives on the M4 corridor. 

I might buy it. 
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• M4 corridor massive are in Guitar magazine. This month. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1080
    M4 Corridor are a terrible band. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2473
    edited November 2020
    wesker123 said:
    M4 corridor massive are in Guitar magazine. This month. 
    I baled from Guitarist mag a couple of years ago and took out a subscription with Guitar mag. I wasn't best pleased to find Bernie Marsden, Jo Bonamassa, and their respective Les Pauls featured. To be fair it wasn't a bad read though.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I live on the M4 corridor but they never ask to interview me. I've been in bands and everything, I've even got a sunburst Les Paul...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    Keefy said:
    wesker123 said:
    Come to think of it, I live on the M4 corridor but they never ask to interview me. I've been in bands and everything, I've even got a sunburst Les Paul...
    Ah, but do you have an over exposed sunburst Les Paul that’s been done to death in UK guitar magazines a million times?
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2473
    StefB said:
    Keefy said:
    wesker123 said:
    Come to think of it, I live on the M4 corridor but they never ask to interview me. I've been in bands and everything, I've even got a sunburst Les Paul...
    Ah, but do you have an over exposed sunburst Les Paul that’s been done to death in UK guitar magazines a million times?
    D'oh! No, that must be it.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Sorry, no Bonamassa, no buy. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1080
    See if your local library subscribes to digital magazine service Pressreader. Why I regularly glance at Guitarist online for free to scan the contents and moan how there’s nothing of interest in there. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 255
    Redlester said:

I must admit we didn’t go down well. I blame the drummer
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
    KDS said:
    Redlester said:

I must admit we didn’t go down well. I blame the drummer
    You are better than their tribute band “Up the A1”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8361
    Do the Guitarist-haters here actively seek it out on the shelves so they can slag it off?

Seems like some kind of weird fetishism to me. Personally, I love the fact that we still have guitar-based magazines. Each to their own.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    Phew. Glad to know Bonamassa is in at least one guitar magazine this month. Is Clapton in one discussing his latest blues album? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    I've consigned Guitarist to my past, like Amateur Photographer and their endless articles about fill-in flash, they recycle the same stuff endlessly.

I'm subscribed to Guitar these days (stopped Guitar Techniques - again too many play like JoBo articles, but also the more technical stuff I couldn't nail before the next issue came out - reinforced my feelings of inadeqacy ;) )
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I read it on Apple News + now, along with several other magazines, I can pick bits out I want to read, read back issues, it’s cheaper and I don’t end up with ridiculous stacks of hard copies...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • There was even a big pull-out section this month on EVH, albeit an aggregation of old interviews and photos.
    Confession: I'm an older blueser and the advent of EVH and his widdling pyrotechnics did nothing for me, God bless the guy. IMHO it spawned a generation of guitarists obsessed with speed and playing with zero musicality and emotion. But chacun à son goût.

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    EVH was so much more than 'widdling pyrotechnics'. Give him his due. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    But chacun à son goût.

Maybe have a word with your doctor..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    usedtobe said:
    But chacun à son goût.

Maybe have a word with your doctor..

Beat me, but I was going to make it "As they say in Peckham, Rodney" ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 954
    I live on the M4 corridor, and I love EVH. I feel conflicted........ 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3810
    StratNut said:
    But chacun à son goût.

https://youtu.be/rr73MGoXUpk

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    edited November 2020
    Hattigol said:
    Do the Guitarist-haters here actively seek it out on the shelves so they can slag it off?

Seems like some kind of weird fetishism to me. Personally, I love the fact that we still have guitar-based magazines. Each to their own.
    Not at all I bought it loyally from the very first issue. Stayed with it as it got better, then as it slowly declined. But then I found two copies of the magazine on my shelves, only a year apart with virtually identical content in. If they were some local fanzine I could forgive that. But being as they are owned by a big international publishing house with budgets. It’s fucking lazy & mediocre. Also Premier Guitar manage to do decent journalism. So it’s still possible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom