Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Undercover Guitar Deliveries...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 11041
    edited November 2020
    I’ve forgotten again, who is the genius on here who gets guitars delievered to work, disassembles them, brings them back in pieces in his briefcase over a period of days, stores the bits in the garage, then one evening he’s sitting at home with the wife watching telly and he suddenly announces, “you know, I think I’m going to try and build a guitar out of all the little bits and bobs I’ve got in the garage!” and manages to get extra brownie points from his recycling-conscious wife! 

You keep reminding me who you are and I keep forgetting, but that is pure class. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    I’ve forgotten again, who is the genius on here who gets guitars delievered to work, disassembles them, brings them back in pieces in his briefcase over a period of days, stores the bits in the garage, then one evening he’s sitting at home with the wife watching telly and he suddenly announces, “you know, I think I’m going to try and build a guitar out of all the little bits and bobs I’ve got in the garage!” and manages to get extra brownie points from his recycling-conscious wife! 

You keep reminding me who you are and I keep forgetting, but that is pure class. 
    Brilliant !

Reminds me of ‘One Piece at a Time’ by Johnny Cash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Jalapeno said:
    I found it was never an issue - once the missus bought a horse !

Real or Trojan?
    Real - the upkeep, vets bills etc is eyewatering !

Couple of years ago chatting to a well known brass player who was complaining his daughters pony was costing him more than his coke habit!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    viz said:
    I walk out of the house with an empty guitar case announcing loudly to anyone who can hear that I’m off to the shop to see if they want to buy my guitar, then a few hours later I’m returning with the same guitar case and a forlorn look and the sad update that they didn’t want it.

Ooh...that's sooo sneaky...but I like it!  :)

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve had a couple of wives.
    Guitars are much cheaper.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2851
    Voxman said:
    viz said:
    I walk out of the house with an empty guitar case announcing loudly to anyone who can hear that I’m off to the shop to see if they want to buy my guitar, then a few hours later I’m returning with the same guitar case and a forlorn look and the sad update that they didn’t want it.

Ooh...that's sooo sneaky...but I like it!  :)

He got busted after he left with a Fender case and came back with a Gretsch one! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Jalapeno said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Jalapeno said:
    I found it was never an issue - once the missus bought a horse !

Real or Trojan?
    Real - the upkeep, vets bills etc is eyewatering !

Every time one of my mates wives buy a horse it ends up with them moving to France, because it's quite cheap to keep a horse out there apparently but here the bills are horrific  :(
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Slash'N'burnSlash'N'burn Frets: 162
    edited November 2020
    Early last December I bought a LP Custom. I didn’t hide it, but didn’t let on how much it cost either 

I think I was punished slightly, as my Christmas present from her consisted of a pair of pyjamas from Asda

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DominicDominic Frets: 16678
    If I even mention the words ' Guitar ' ,'amp ' or 'motorbike'  my wife just says "bore off"  so I just get on and do my own thing
    she really couldn't care less 
    But ,when we were younger the "threesome " would provoke all kinds of questions
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    If I even mention the words ' Guitar ' ,'amp ' or 'motorbike'  my wife just says "bore off"  so I just get on and do my own thing
    she really couldn't care less 
    But ,when we were younger the "threesome " would provoke all kinds of questions
    Ahhh...’when we were younger’....

we used to say; ‘when we are older’....

• Never mind my wife, for whom all guitars look the same, it's my 12 year old daughter that I can't get any new gear past. "Is that a new guitar?" "How much was it?" :o