Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Well, that solo was a bit painful .....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    The song itself seemed pretty basic and then parts of the solo seemed rhythmically and melodically a little detached from the song.  Call it jammin'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1580
    edited December 2020
    That first vid is the kind of stuff that led to Punk back in the day. Credit where credit's due  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    prowla said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I thought it was alright.  What a strange assemblage of musicians!
    Kirk, Jonny Lang, Rick Vito, Mick Fleetwood, Billy Gibbons, Andy Fairweather Lowe (?), Zack Starkey ( based on a comment above) and no idea on the bassist
    If it wasn’t for owning Green’s old guitar I guess Kirk would be the odd one out. 
    Lang seems to turn up at a lot of these things as a sort of perpetual side kick. 
    It's Eric Clapton, isn't it?

I think it’s Dave Bronze. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited December 2020
    It’s quite an adventurous solo for him...
  • I'm normally first in the queue to criticise Kirk, I find he often finds a way of even making a single note out of tune with itself. 

But I actually thought that was a pretty damn nice solo. Had that edge of the seat feeling that I like in Jimmy Page's work. And yes there were a few bum notes here or there, but that's nothing to worry about. 

I'd rather he played like that in Metallica than some of his tuneless wah-infused widdling. 

• Is he playing a different song? Sounds out of time? 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Is he playing a different song? Sounds out of time? 
    I'm rather surprised that so many people here think it's OK, it seems all over the place to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched it the other day and I was neither amazed by it or feel it was terrible. For part of it Jonny Lang is playing a 'complimentary' solo part and it becomes very messy indeed so that's not really the Hamster's fault. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.