Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Humbucker bridge P90 neck combination.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    We do them in our Blues Cat range - here are some 25th Anniversary models we have for sale
    Here we used a BKP Mule and a bluenote P90

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    For your HH guitar, use this noiseless HB-size -90 maybe:
    Best Sounding Humbucker Zero Hum Guitar Pickups by Kinman

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3495
    davros said:
    It's my favourite combination. I find a humbucker in the bridge too muffled compared to the bridge, so a P90 seems more balanced.

Built this a year ago and have a LP build with this configuration in progress.

That’s a really nice shape. Looks great. 
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 778
    tFB Trader
    This is a great combo - we've spec'd a number of Fano ADF Custom builds with this setup and it really works well. Reverend are also another brand that produce this pairing - again to great effect.

Here's a pic of the Fano Px6 ADF with a Lollar mini HB and P90... This is another level again!

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! FREE DELIVERY FOR TFB MEMBERS (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    Indeed, the Reverend Double Agent is based around this combo

• I have a Yamaha Pacifica guitar with that pickup combination. Suits it.

Another way to have the best of both worlds is by installing Seymour Duncan P-Rails pickups, possibly via Triple Shot mounting surrounds. That way, it is possible to switch between numerous pickup permutations in a single guitar.

I've got this setup in an '85 Ibanez Roadstar and can confirm it's the most versatile thing ever, if I set both to the rail bit (strattish) and have both on then it can even do inbetweeny strat enough for most needs.