Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitars Reunited section in the classifieds

What's Hot
Looking at @Panama_jack666 thread we should have a guitars reunited sub section.

If your looking for a guitar or its owner this could be the place to look.

Also could list stolen gear there too
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• luscombeluscombe Frets: 155
    A great idea! How many times have you spoken to somebody who would love to be reunited with that 'special' guitar?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Great idea!

Oddly enough I always pine over a translucent blue epi les paul with seymour duncans I had as a kid learning. 
  • Yeah! Even if one guitar is re-united, it will be worth it.

I'm still on my quest for Martin Waller. I'm fairly confident it's not the one on linked in. I'm going to delve further into Google to see what I can find!
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    There's a few I'd like to see again, to tell them that I've forgiven them, and good luck in the future...like the guitar geek version of a Bruce Springsteen song...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4165
    I would love to see my old Aria Pro II ES650, neck is probably way too small for me to play now, but it would be nice all the same, last seen 1980-81 Cardiff sound centre. or my old SG 70's with a Bigsby, body stripped and oiled. Last seen Yeovil area, 1988'ish. So many, if I had them all now at same time, I would put every uk guitar shop to shame !
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    I'd love my old SG Special back. It was a 2003 Faded Special in worn brown. Ebony board and dot markers, which is a pretty rare combination and the ebony was stopped shortly after. I sold it in early 2006 and would still recognise it easily.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Looks like the force is strong with this idea, what say you mods?
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Always on the lookout for my International Colour series Maui Blue Telecaster.

Bought in around 1983 from Rock Island in Oldham, sold around 4 - 5 years later to (Stoopid me) to The Guitar Player in Rochdale (Owned by The Same people who owned Rock Island - The bird Brothers).

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • Good idea. I posted a thread about my stolen Suhrs, but seems like a fine idea to collate all such experiences into one place
  • Good idea. I posted a thread about my stolen Suhrs, but seems like a fine idea to collate all such experiences into one place
    I'll second that, I think a 'stolen' sub-section would be a good idea. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    A stolen sub section would be good. I've nicked a few in my time that I need to move on discretely.................................. I jest of course!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I'd love my Brubaker B2 back :(
  • So mod crew what do you think?
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    edited May 2018
    I’m retroactively amending all my comments for privacy’s sake. I know they’re cached in places, but this is still a best attempts effort. Mods - if any rules have been broken, please revert this post.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
  • I never sold anything that I didn't want to keep. However, I'd like back is the blonde Telecaster that I bought from The Rhythm House in Stockport around 1991. OK, it had six saddles, wasn't through-body stringing and had a poly finish but it was the first proper guitar I ever bought with my own money and some C**T STOLE IT.

I'd just got it personalised too with overwound Kent Armstrong pickups with a tap so I could  have "more" or "normal". I pulled the tone control out (who uses the tone in a Tele anyway) and put in a mini dpdt toggle switch with centre off so I could do the morse code thing.

I'd love it back just to see if I still get on with it.
  • Tom_gTom_g Frets: 0
    My first guitar was a MIJ Morris strat copy that I butchered and now lives in the attic but would love to find another
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    That's a good idea. :-)

Also, what's the possibility of splitting the guitar classified between electric and acoustic? Please :-D

I normally look for the latter, but the ratio must sometimes be 40-50:1.

I would create this as another post, but don't have 'meta' as option
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Great idea, though to keep it tidy, perhaps I could have my own sub-forum, as there have been quite a few...?

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24418
    So mod crew what do you think?
    If you want anyone in particular to see the thread, you need to highlight it as I've done here; @Antique_Guitars .  We don't read every thread by default !  Probably why nobody has responded mate !  The site admins are TTony, Digitalscream and Monquixote.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited April 2015
    A whole section dedicated to the fact that by random chance a guitar finds it's way home?! @Emp_Fab, you are a very special person.

A more useful section would be events, which can be a home for threads for Guitar Shows, Gas-fests, and drinkies. rather that them finding their way into Gear>Guitar , Off Topic, Studio and Recording, and Making Music.