Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

mojoaxe compensated wraparound bridge

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    skippy76 said:
    I have one on my vintage Gibson 56 single cut special, love it. But to be fair I haven’t tried any others on this LP.

That's a great guitar and sounds lovely too, it's also got one of the nicest necks

I will be getting you over in the new year with this to get some specs, if you're bored that is
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    rlw said:
    I had a mojoaxe compensated bridge on my LP Special for about a week.  The intonation was better but the tone was shot to pieces.  It was like an SG, all top and middle with a very light bottom end.  Hated it.
    I've heard many who have said that tone can become so iffy/brittle when they fit certain wrap overs - Not necessarily always the same brand 'at fault' - but it does tend to be an issue that crops up from time to time 

I'm sure it was to do with the weight of the thing -it was beautifully made and light as a feather - not even a quarter the weight of the Gibson one.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16315
    Hmmm interesting thoughts guys
    tae be or not tae be
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    edited December 2020
    bodhi said:
    ABM ones are great if the look doesn't bother you.  Have one on my Special and it intonates spot on.

https://www.charlesguitars.co.uk/manufacturers/abm-guitar-parts/amb-3021na-wrap-around-bridge-aluminium-nickel
    Looks the same as rockinger which is cheaper or was when I bought one

I've got both and they're exactly the same.  I assume Rockinger buy them from ABM (maybe vice versa but I think ABM's an actual manufacturer?).

andy_k said:
    Faber do a version, which is pretty good, milled compensation, depends on the guitar it is installed on though.
    I bought a Faber one quite a few years ago and it was a standard aluminium tailpiece which they'd milled/routed to give the compensating "steps" for each string.  The top edges were - still are, wherever it is - razor sharp.  It put me off Faber a bit but they've become very well-known and well-regarded, so I'm sure their wraparounds are more refined now (they also offer a few different types).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 733
    Ive never had any problems with plain wraparound bridges. Intonate the E's and the rest are near enougth. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    sawyer said:
    Ive never had any problems with plain wraparound bridges. Intonate the E's and the rest are near enougth. 

Oh no they're not (in many cases....)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    I have a spare one in my drawer in case anyone wants to save the import tax!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 948
    I went down the Faber route on my special, intonates perfectly.