Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson R8 owners thread

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• You guys need your own forum, and a girlfriend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Sadly, no longer an R8 owner as mine sold yesterday on Ebay.

I know there has been much discussion about the 'actual' value of second-hand R8s and how much the values on Ebay etc are exaggerated. I don't mind being open about it - I sold mine for £2,700 within 24 hours of it being listed. No profit as it wasn't one bought at £2,500 new.

I think it's fair to say that the £2,500 'ceiling' has been breached.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Juanfra3Juanfra3 Frets: 24
    I m just curious .. have you measured your neck sides? Mine is 22.5mm 1st fret and 24.5mm on the 12th, therefore I would assume my 58 is pretty much a chunky neck, isn’t it?. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    edited March 2021
    Juanfra3 said:
    I m just curious .. have you measured your neck sides? Mine is 22.5mm 1st fret and 24.5mm on the 12th, therefore I would assume my 58 is pretty much a chunky neck, isn’t it?. 
    That’s a typical R9 neck, so a medium chunky. They get much larger than this. A lot of the feel has to do with the way the shoulders are shaped.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hyperben said:
    Juanfra3 said:
    That’s a typical R9 neck, so a medium chunky. They get much larger than this. A lot of the feel has to do with the way the shoulders are shaped.
    Thanks!
    Juanfra3 said:
    Anyone else have measured their R8's neck?