Parts caster project.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2011
    normula1 said:
    Looks great
    Thanks. I had slot of fun putting it together. I'm still not sure if I like it yet but it still has a few issues to sort out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    nicely done! 
    I'm thinking the black pickgurd does not really suit the body colour. I'm concidsring an cream perloid one instead. What do you think
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8869

For this first time ever I’m going to say tortoiseshell. Normally I hate tortoise, but on this occasion it will fit well with both body and fretboard.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 235
    Love the colour 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4703
    Roland said:

Normally I hate tortoise, but on this occasion it will fit well with both body and fretboard.
    Agreed.  With both points.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Roland said:

Normally I hate tortoise, but on this occasion it will fit well with both body and fretboard.
    Agreed.  With both points.
    I did have the same thought. But I normally hate tort as well and was resisting the idea
    I have had some issues with fret buzz on this guitar. The action is too low and I ran out of travel on the saddle height adjustment screws. The neck is leaning away from the body like a neck that has been shimmed to much. The neck also seems to sit taller in the pocket than my factory strat. It's a squire neck into a mim fender body. I had hoped they would fit together nicely but it seems not