Vertex

What's Hot

Comments

• I'll let you know in due course,
    We're constantly sold out of most of his products, so things can't be too bad
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23195
    ^^
    Oh well, if the corksniffers are paying up then things are obviously fine.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    edited July 2014
    ^ LOL. Seriously, though, I don't think it's ok even if they are corksniffers (assuming the allegations are true).

Pretty sure he's already aware of this considering he posted in the threads on TGP.

Maybe you (peach) could contact joe bonamassa and see what he thinks?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'll let you know in due course,

That's the state of the industry, people buy from marketing and forum hype. It doesn't seem to be about what sounds good and unique anymore, everyone is chasing the same stale tone and the exclusivity of playing some super rare handmade snake oil machine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Michael Landau endorses this thread. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    I'd like to know the percetage of vertex users over the age of 40...

if not 50

or with grey, slicked back hair 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 156
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Adji;304413" said:
    I don't know the ultimate truth yet, though it is bound to come out, but I've had several nice conversations with Mason in the past and he has always been a genuine and knowledgeable guy so it would be crazy for him to do this. Then again, it has certainly happened before. Watching with interest...
    Agreed, from what I've seen the guy is extremely knowledgeable and seems a good guy, but he has yet to say anything to fight his corner, he is just dodging like a politician. For a guy who knows his trade, it is a bizarre thing to do to turn a quick penny, really bizarre

I'm also watching with interest, money in one hand, a pitchfork in the other ;D
    Haha.
    It would be crazy but we have all definitely been duped before!

I really hope that it turns out in Mason's favour but it is looking very unlikely. Might be a bit of a nasty backlash on Landau and Ford et al involved too which would be a shame.

edited July 2014
    timmysoft said:

That's the state of the industry, people buy from marketing and forum hype. It doesn't seem to be about what sounds good and unique anymore, everyone is chasing the same stale tone and the exclusivity of playing some super rare handmade snake oil machine.
    I don't think chasing a stale old tone is too much of a problem. I mean I just want to sound like the 80s never ended. Plus how many of the people who slightly condescendingly say stuff about wanting to be unique still use a Fender or a Gibson through a Marshall or a Fender? :D

To me that's not much of a problem, I mean violin players don't get stick for wanting to sound like a violin. But the pushing really expensive stuff to do it, when cheaper stuff is often pretty similar (or in certain completely-coincidental-to-this-thread cases, exactly the same >:D<), is the problem. I don't even blame people either, I fell for it too a while back- the person to blame is the marketing person, or the manufacturer, not the guitar player who buys something in good faith.

Granted when TGP types start calling you names, actually seem to want to be seduced and act like you're spoiling their fun by trying to get to the truth, that tries even my patience...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2014

Dave_Mc said:

I don't think chasing a stale old tone is too much of a problem. I mean I just want to sound like the 80s never ended. Plus how many of the people who slightly condescendingly say stuff about wanting to be unique still use a Fender or a Gibson through a Marshall or a Fender? :D

It's not so much a stale old tone that is being chased, it's the tone used by old dudes whose hearing is past its prime. 

Steve Lukather - 56
    Michael Landau - 56 
    Scott Henderson - 60

(yes I am taking the piss). 

Is the Landau tone a different thing now to how it was in the 80's? Almost certainly unless he's got buffered ears or something. 

Me, I'm going to sit back and wait for the Michael Landau Tone Truss to be released, the world's first hernia tone device. Your middle - helping your mids. 

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Unfortunately tgp pretty much sumerizes Americans. A few intelligent ones but sooo much cannon fodder! I jest ofcourse!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    allicio said:
    Unfortunately tgp pretty much sumerizes Americans. A few intelligent ones but sooo much cannon fodder! I jest ofcourse!
    Yeah, it's the fucking Canadians that are the problem. Warmongering pot smoking moose fucking maple syrup sucking filth. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2014
    ^^^ LOL. I think my hearing's not as good as it was either. Lukather's awesome, though (the others probably are too, just not that familiar with them, though I know TGP idolises Landau and maybe Henderson too).

^^ I know you're only joking but I hang out on other more USA-centric guitar forums too (and even ones I used to in the past which I don't hang out as much on any more, like HC and rig-talk), and the Americans on those forums are just as bewildered and mystified as we are by TGP. I don't think it's anything to do with being American- in fact one of the guys on another forum (American) was saying that TGP was actually improving, that at least these days there are a few people with sense on it. :))
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    The posts there took a distinct up-turn in quality when all the lols from HCFX migrated there.
    ^ LOL

Thread seems to be open again... no-one has posted in it yet, though.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5110
    When I first read this post title, Vertex, I thought it was about Vertex AQ.  Different thing entirely. [http://vertexaq.com/]
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

@peachguitarsdotcom

So what's the news? 

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Well the de-goopings finished. It's just a re branded bbe. Same enclosure same guts.
    What a twat!
    I hope @peachguitars.com ditch vertex altogether. Guy doesn't deserve to be in business.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2014
    What's your definition of 'bad'? 

Incredible to think that Mason got the legal eagles to send out a C&D letter to a genuine customer. 

• Oh my. I'm hungover as balls and ready to get on a shitty, super hot train, but reading about this has somehow made my day worse.

I thought vertex were like, mega boutique and Pete Thorn and John Mayer and whatever! This is a real shame. But I suspect vertex will lose a fair amount of business, not just wah sales.

Still, everyone now knows that the BBE wah is one of the best of all time!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    edited July 2014
    Well, that is a dramatic development.
    Will be interesting to see if he can survive this.