Vertex

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22617
    Dave_Mc said:
    Wow. I'm guessing that's a result on your part. Definitely makes sense to accept, if you ask me, anyway. Glad it's worked out, in the end. :)
    It is good for Peach that they won't lose out but we need a dealer to come out and speak the truth about all of this. A month ago Mason was spouting forth on HRI about shills and a competitor doing a number on him. 

"This is what I wrote on the TGP forum to clarify what I'm doing versus Barcus Berry, the unfortunate thing with this is that it's being propagated by a competitor of mine. The thread has been shut down twice on TGP because of "shilling" where TGP is finding that many members are posting for manufactures, but they won't tell us who's doing it without a court order."

That's a lot of allegations without any fucking shred of public evidence whereas members of the public have thrown up a lot of evidence to back up the assertion that he's a devious arse of the fraudulent kind. Now he's offering to take back the pedals he has sold to a dealer and I am sure others will follow suit. 

Note that last week the Vertex website said the Axis wah was discontinued. It's now back to 'sold out'.

I wonder what he will do with all those returns? Degoop, rebrand, flog them cheap? I think this has got a long way to go before it all 'works out in the end'. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Heartfeltdawn;325058" said:
    peachguitarsdotcom said:

The discussions were ongoing before the phone call.

Straw,

Camel,

Etc

....insinuating that perhaps there was a certain lack of trust about his pedals before the call? 
    No, not at all.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2414
    edited August 2014
    Dave_Mc said:
    Wow. I'm guessing that's a result on your part. Definitely makes sense to accept, if you ask me, anyway. Glad it's worked out, in the end. :)
    It is good for Peach that they won't lose out but we need a dealer to come out and speak the truth about all of this. A month ago Mason was spouting forth on HRI about shills and a competitor doing a number on him. 

"This is what I wrote on the TGP forum to clarify what I'm doing versus Barcus Berry, the unfortunate thing with this is that it's being propagated by a competitor of mine. The thread has been shut down twice on TGP because of "shilling" where TGP is finding that many members are posting for manufactures, but they won't tell us who's doing it without a court order."

That's a lot of allegations without any fucking shred of public evidence whereas members of the public have thrown up a lot of evidence to back up the assertion that he's a devious arse of the fraudulent kind. Now he's offering to take back the pedals he has sold to a dealer and I am sure others will follow suit. 

Note that last week the Vertex website said the Axis wah was discontinued. It's now back to 'sold out'.

I wonder what he will do with all those returns? Degoop, rebrand, flog them cheap? I think this has got a long way to go before it all 'works out in the end'. 
    Oh yeah of course. I just meant it had "worked out in the end" for Peach.

I can't imagine any dealer coming out and saying much, really. Much like people posted in the TGP threads before they were closed, it might be opening them up to legal matters. Probably (and hopefully, since they didn't know) not as much as it'd open Mason up if he admitted it, but even still, probably doesn't make much sense to take the chance, either. I wouldn't really blame them, either.

As usual- in my opinion, allegedly, etc. etc.
    edited August 2014
    ^^
    Edited because Peach are alright and Vertex suck goat balls. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dave_Mc said:

I can't imagine any dealer coming out and saying much, really. Much like people posted in the TGP threads before they were closed, it might be opening them up to legal matters. Probably (and hopefully, since they didn't know) not as much as it'd open Mason up if he admitted it, but even still, probably doesn't make much sense to take the chance, either. I wouldn't really blame them, either.

And that's where this whole affair goes tits up. Even mad Ken came out and admitted he was a fraud with Freekish Blues.

I know dealers won't say anything because they might get the legal hammer applied to them and that's a lousy state of affairs when they aren't the ones at fault. 

Peach, I'm sorry to go on. I'd buy you all beverages if I could. 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    But would you change the labels and tell them it was more expensive? Ahaaaa
    joeyowen said:
    But would you change the labels and tell them it was more expensive? Ahaaaa
    Fuck yeah. Two bottles of Vertex Bullshitter for me, barman! 

'course, the caps would be gooped on so you couldn't open them up. Or maybe I'd put Cornish-style stickers on the caps voiding the warranty so people would never open them, never taste them, yet declare they were the best beers ever known to man..

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    And even though there were identical beers out there, you can always be sure in the knowledge yours is better just because you paid more... It gives it that 8 percent extra
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31270
    So, have we enough material for releasing The Fretboard Strikes Back yet?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

The Fretboard has done nothing compared to TGP.

Dave_Mc said:

And that's where this whole affair goes tits up. Even mad Ken came out and admitted he was a fraud with Freekish Blues.

I know dealers won't say anything because they might get the legal hammer applied to them and that's a lousy state of affairs when they aren't the ones at fault. 

Peach, I'm sorry to go on. I'd buy you all beverages if I could. 

Yeah :(
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    In that whoever made a threatening phone call to Peach is presumably reading this thread I'd just like to state for the record that you are a massive twat and not welcome on this site.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    In that whoever made a threatening phone call to Peach is presumably reading this thread I'd just like to state for the record that you are a massive twat and not welcome on this site.
    Absolutely agree. If they are reading this at all.
  • In that whoever made a threatening phone call to Peach is presumably reading this thread I'd just like to state for the record that you are a massive twat and not welcome on this site.
    You just don't get modmins like this on TGP...

Seriously though, totally agree.
    edited August 2014
    Agreed.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The phone caller could be anyone more than likely a troublemaking non member or someone who is irritated by the forum and thus mentioned the forum during the phone call #TwistedLittleFuck
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    ^^
    Edited because Peach are alright and Vertex suck goat balls. 

Ba$tard - you put me right off my Pizza - Vegetable and Goats Cheese...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7414
    dano said:
    Every time i see one of these '$20 pedals dressed up in a $200 boutique box shenanigans' I'm on step closer to buying a batch of joyo tubescreamers and rehousing them in a box my kids have hand painted and filling it full of bath sealant..... you have been warned ! :)
    How about  a joint venture. We call it lucky dip pedals, we take 5 or 6 common circuits fire them in afore mentioned hand painted enclosures and goop them up good. See if anyone can even tell the difference.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom