Vertex

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2414
    edited August 2014
    Sadly, I'm gonna have to pull out of this thread. I had a withheld number call yesterday threatening "serious action" against me, if I didn't stop selling Vertex pedals.

I really need to speak with a mod. This has gone too far. I'm not sure who is? Please Pm me
    Holy cack. Certainly wasn't me. :( That's definitely uncalled for and unhelpful (at the very least... downright "not on" quite frankly).

EDIT: As people have been saying, no guarantee it even was a member. It could even be someone lurking other forums where similar information about this whole debacle is posted, not necessarily even here, since I'm guessing the number Peach put up was just the shop number? If so, that number is freely available on the Peach website, I assume.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31270
    Wtf?? This is crackers- JP hope you are ok mate

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• AdjiAdji Frets: 146
    tFB Trader
    Threatening Peach Guitars? How is their fault in ANY way. Must be a very tricky position to be in.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27167
    Interesting. This thread is the first forum thread to pop up when you search for vertex axis wah in Google. It's down near the bottom of the second page, but...very interesting that the TGP threads don't appear at all.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Yeah the people on TGP (before the threads got closed) were wondering why the google hits were showing up favourable information about the Vertex stuff and not the, er, less favourable stuff.

I have no idea, that's beyond my pay grade. :))
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27167
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Yeah the people on TGP (before the threads got closed) were wondering why the google hits were showing up favourable information about the Vertex stuff and not the, er, less favourable stuff.

I can tell you exactly why. On the main TGP thread pages, they have this code in the HTML:

<!-- Avoid indexing anything but archive -->
    <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Basically, this tells all search engines not to index that page at all (or follow any links on it). A quick spot check (not exhaustive) shows that no other active threads seem to be available on Google either, so it seems that they only allow search indexing once a thread has disappeared into the archive. In the absence of any other evidence, I'm going to avoid the usual conspiracy theories and assume that this is some sort of optimisation strategy to prevent search bots from impacting the normal operation of the site with lots of hits.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was pretty shocked at the time and didn't really know what to say, in hindsight, i should've told him to F&ck off and get a life. Perhaps i'll get a second chance! 

He did say that he'd been made aware of the situation via the Fretboard, which does make me sad
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Still not forced to be a member though! Please keep that in mind. Ive never known anything like this before both here and the old Mr forum
  • allicio said:
    Still not forced to be a member though! Please keep that in mind. Ive never known anything like this before both here and the old Mr forum
    Absolutely, someone earlier just wanted me to elaborate further on what's been said.
  • joeyowen said:
    Is there no way peach can contact vertex and send the stock back? Or would that not happen?

Threatening peach is pretty stupid I'm not sure exactly what you can threaten them about... They aren't the lying party in all this
    Mason has offered to take back all the Wahs and we've accepted his offer.
    1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• joeyowen said:
    Is there no way peach can contact vertex and send the stock back? Or would that not happen?

Threatening peach is pretty stupid I'm not sure exactly what you can threaten them about... They aren't the lying party in all this
    Nice one mate :) 

Does that count as an admittance of wrongdoing perhaps?  

• joeyowen said:

no, He's taken them back as he doesn't want me getting anymore idiot calls
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7936
    so the idiot call might have done you a favour ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:

A tiny part of me thinks at least he is sorting out his mess... but... I know it is probs for the wrong reasons.

Still, glad you can wash your hands of this.

• joeyowen said:

Fair enough.  

Bleh, that's a real shame it happened - the calls, not the effects.  Well, them too but that goes without saying.  
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22617
    edited August 2014

Seriously? :D 

This is the same Mason who issued a Cease and Desist letter to a Gear Page member who stripped down a wah and reported his findings. 

The same Mason who has now discontinued the wah very suddenly. 

The same Mason now getting fingered over what he claimed to do to Boss volume pedals and what he actually did. 

The same Mason who is also getting questioned over his volume cables. 

And yet we're all meant to believe that the Axis wah was entirely kosher all along and that the TGP speculation and strong photographic and analytical evidence is wrong. 

One tidal wave of online discourse about his pedals and he says nothing. 

One phone call and Mason acts. 

Mason taking back the pedals sounds even more like a man trying to cover up his own fraud. 

• The discussions were ongoing before the phone call.

Straw,
    Camel,
    Etc
    Dave_Mc said:

I can tell you exactly why. On the main TGP thread pages, they have this code in the HTML:

<!-- Avoid indexing anything but archive -->
    <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Basically, this tells all search engines not to index that page at all (or follow any links on it). A quick spot check (not exhaustive) shows that no other active threads seem to be available on Google either, so it seems that they only allow search indexing once a thread has disappeared into the archive. In the absence of any other evidence, I'm going to avoid the usual conspiracy theories and assume that this is some sort of optimisation strategy to prevent search bots from impacting the normal operation of the site with lots of hits.
    Ah thanks, that makes sense. Yeah I wasn't really implying there was a conspiracy either, I agree with you.
    I was pretty shocked at the time and didn't really know what to say, in hindsight, i should've told him to F&ck off and get a life. Perhaps i'll get a second chance! 

He did say that he'd been made aware of the situation via the Fretboard, which does make me sad
    Wow, that sucks. :( As people have said, doesn't necessarily mean it's a member, but it's still sad to see that it (sort of, at least) came from here. :(
    joeyowen said:

Wow. I'm guessing that's a result on your part. Definitely makes sense to accept, if you ask me, anyway. Glad it's worked out, in the end. :)
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if the phantom caller will make a mistake which identifies him in future, assuming he is a member, which I personally doubt.
    The best thing for Vertex is to simply drop the price of these wahs to cost and offload them.
    They are a decent sounding pedal after all !!!

All his pedalboards seem to be amazing.
    Its a shame he's ruined his rep this way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22617
    edited August 2014
    The discussions were ongoing before the phone call.

Straw,
    Camel,
    Etc

....insinuating that perhaps there was a certain lack of trust about his pedals before the call?