Strymon Zuma .....plus daisy chain?

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
10 pedals into 9 outputs doesn't quite go.

Can I run a daisy chain off one of the outputs to run two pedals or will it cause interference/hum? If so, which two? From my limited non-tech research, not the modulation/delay pedals so the drive? Or the Boss Tuner and Wireless receiver (WL-50)?
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Yes, you can do that as long as the total current draw from that output is less than the stated maximum.

Which pedals? The internet wisdom is to keep analogue and digital pedals isolated from each other, and in general analogue pedals draw less current than digital ones do, so it's probably easiest to put several analogue pedals on the same output.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Thanks. I was assuming, possibly wrongly, that the tuner and wireless receiver would take low amounts of draw. Would they be good ones to chain?

The drives are Origin Effects (RevivalTrem and Magma) - not sure how heavy they are on the draw.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    edited March 2021
    Put digital effects on their own, you can put analogue effects chained but avoid having a tuner or anything digital in the same chain.  So I would give the tuner on its own and the receiver on its own. You can try put them together and see if you get any noise from the amp and the receiver, if you don't then leave them.  If you do, then split them up.

It's generally the rule of thumb but each set up is different and you can only tell 100% when actually trying it.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    Hattigol said:

The drives are Origin Effects (RevivalTrem and Magma) - not sure how heavy they are on the draw.

Origin website reckons 100mA each (and they should know...), so in theory you could run both from a single 500mA output on your Zuma with no problems. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Hattigol said:

Origin website reckons 100mA each (and they should know...), so in theory you could run both from a single 500mA output on your Zuma with no problems. 
    Yes, I just looked that up too. I think I'll try that option first. Touch wood, should be fine.

Thanks folks.
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    I run a 3-pedal daisy chain on my Zuma R300 - 2 analogue drives and a Tb loop so nothing high draw ma-wise, nothing digital. No noise, completely silent, non-issue. 

Any analogue pedals will be super low current draw with the exception of those with digital features - some analogue delays, programmable drives etc. Any standard analogue pedals will be fine I reckon. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6809
    I’ve used a gigrig distributor with the Strymon power supply to expand the number of pedals, and it worked fine.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 719
    I’ve been doing this with my Zuma with one of these https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/13022815183816--voodoo-lab-output-splitter-adapter-4in-cable-2-x-21mm-plug-and-2?gclid=Cj0KCQiA1pyCBhCtARIsAHaY_5eY9Q8khCBmbd_1ZReBzmoylj4CaczENtHS6NwKrGNDEet9KLq_PykaAnqCEALw_wcB

I bought two and both suddenly stopped working?! Tried with two Zumas and a bunch of pedal (all well under 500mA combined). Really odd. Worked for two weeks, now don’t. 
  • EskerEsker Frets: 80
    I would use the voodoo lab output splitters
  • EskerEsker Frets: 80
    brucegill said:
    I’ve been doing this with my Zuma with one of these https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/13022815183816--voodoo-lab-output-splitter-adapter-4in-cable-2-x-21mm-plug-and-2?gclid=Cj0KCQiA1pyCBhCtARIsAHaY_5eY9Q8khCBmbd_1ZReBzmoylj4CaczENtHS6NwKrGNDEet9KLq_PykaAnqCEALw_wcB

I bought two and both suddenly stopped working?! Tried with two Zumas and a bunch of pedal (all well under 500mA combined). Really odd. Worked for two weeks, now don’t. 
    That’s to do with the ground i think, it happened to me a few years ago....do a little googling and change the pedals round a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 719
    Esker said:
    brucegill said:

That’s to do with the ground i think, it happened to me a few years ago....do a little googling and change the pedals round a bit.
    Many thanks mate!! Just found this on another forum (it’s a reply from someone at Voodo labs)

When using the Output Splitter, the two pedals being powered have to be connected together with an audio cable or the Ground Lifted (The White Stripe) end will not work. I would certainly expect the tap tempo box to not work since it would likely not have a path to ground.

In order to test this cable make sure that you have audio connections as follows...
    1. Guitar to Input of Pedal #1.
    2. Output of Pedal #1 to Input of Pedal #2.
    3. Output of Pedal #2 to input of your amplifier.