So what has gone well for you in the Pandemic world of the last year?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    edited March 2021
    Edit: I finished a LP junior kit and read Carl Jung, that is all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    I have had a mixed bag, though ultimately feel good =)

Had covid last March, but it was ok, more like a very bad flu. In the autumn I needed surgery and spent two weeks in hospital and a month of recovery.

Been working at home for a year now, which I quite like as I have my guitars with me in my attic/office. Although I have put on a little weight, and need to get more exercise. Saved some cash, and Mrs 001's business (she is a therapist) has been buoyant via Zoom. Feel guiltily lucky in this respect - as am aware how fragile everything is at the minute...

My playing theory has improved, but I miss live and band practice - so am looking forward to getting back out there, and also to an office environment again (hopefully a mix of town and WFH). 

Really enjoyed being part of this place - which has got me out of my shell somewhat  ;)
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    This week have started listening to Rory Gallagher - don't think that would have happened a year ago !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    Snap said:
    Also, even if I do say so, I've got rather good at baking bread. Dry ginger, that's the key.
    Is it a secret discovery or would you mind sharing what the trick is with dried ginger? Is this for "normal" bread or, for want of a better name, ginger bread?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    My diet has drastically improved, I have discovered a new love for long walks (guess I’m not the only one here) and I have lost three stone.

However my plans to write new material for the band (and start on my other project) got so far as writing a few riffs which is disappointing. I think this will all change once rehearsals begin again.
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Nothing.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    During lockdown I might possibly have eaten more sweets than usual. Today, the dentist asked me if I'd eaten a hand-grenade. This is bad news as I'm already running out of teeth.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westfordwestford Frets: 580
    My mental health’s taken a battering, but there have been a few positives.

Homeschooling had its moments, got in a fair bit of 1 to 1 time with my eldest which hasn’t really happened since his younger brother was born. The kids have become a lot closer (and fought loads too) as a result of having nobody else to play with for months.

My husband finally stopped saying he was going to learn to play the guitar ‘one day’ and actually bought himself a strat. Not sure yet if this is a good thing. He can sort of play 3 chords now and complains a lot about his fingers not working.

We’ve watched/rewatched a few of the dvd box sets that have been gathering dust. Learned a few new songs on the guitar. Barely read anything last year, but I’m halfway through reading my 4th novel of this year. Been doing a bit of writing too.
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 234
    Getting off the Corporate treadmill on my terms at the right time in 2020, semi retired now and loving it but not stopping work for some time to come (Consultancy work only now).  The leaving drinks have had to wait until hopefully later this year
    Finding the guitar I always wanted and having the time to participate in the online Jamulus session with people from all over the world.
    Helping my partner with developing her business too
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    According to some tory peer, I'm supposed to say that I've been lucky as an NHS employee as I've had job security. 
    Rather wished I hadn't.