Toothache. It's the worse

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4632
    In agony and bloody grumpy. I know I've snapped a few times over the last few days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sammysabersammysaber Frets: 706
    Feel your pain - as did with Zepp - it's really horrible.

Bit late now but just stalked you - as you're in London call these guys on Monday if they're shut tomorrow - 020 8905 4849  

Simone & Christian Small - NHS

66 Edgwarebury Ln, Edgware HA8 8LX

Previous lockdown I begged them for an appointment as a new NHS patient (my regular dentist kept blanking me) and they let me in and did a temporary fix which is still pain free all these months later.

Good luck.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12315
    Codeine and whiskey do the trick. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22116
    zepp76 said:
    You could pull a @zepp76 and stick your entire body through a mangling mangle machine and rip the tooth out?
    I wouldn’t suggest it, that’s the first part I ripped out. The rest was NOT pretty! But the relief was phenomenal after nearly 8 months of waiting I think it was.  :s

I dread to think what you'd use if hemorrhoids were ever an issue. 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    You could pull a @zepp76 and stick your entire body through a mangling mangle machine and rip the tooth out?
    I wouldn’t suggest it, that’s the first part I ripped out. The rest was NOT pretty! But the relief was phenomenal after nearly 8 months of waiting I think it was.  :s

bog brush.

Bye!

• or a flare gun.

Bye!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    I once had a wisdom tooth out, and the dentist was a very small woman, who it turned out wasn't actually strong enough to do the job in one go. By the end, she was basically sitting on me bracing her knee against my chest to get enough purchase to wrench it out.

She cracked my upper jaw in the process, all the way through to the sinus (which had a low-level infection at the time).

Long story short, I ended up with an infection so bad that one side of my face looked like half a tennis ball. Actually played a gig like that. I nagged the dentist, who insisted that it was perfectly normal, and that ibuprofen would sort it out. The next day, the wife came home and found me curled up on the floor in so much pain that I couldn't see or move, and I was hallucinating. We went straight to our GP, who took me in immediately - turns out the infection was so bad that I was 24hrs from being in hospital on a drip, and 48hrs from being worm food.

Dentist in question ended up going back to Bangalore shortly after that.

There really is nothing worse than tooth pain. I feel you, bud.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    Codeine and whiskey do the trick. 
    Yes, but you won’t poop for a month. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    I've had very little dental work in the last 10 or 15 years, but since last summer I've needed some root canal work and two crowns.  And I had a big old filling fall out on Christmas day. 

My NHS dentist has been closed throughout lockdown so I had to get it all done privately, but it hasn't been difficult to get appointments.
    Deadman said:
    Clove oil. It contains an active ingredient that's proven to be a very effective anaesthetic. Never tried it myself but I know others who said it worked.
    Yes, it does work pretty well.  There's also some stuff called Orajel which is quite effective.  Sometimes one would seem to work better than the other, the next day it would be the other way round.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:

bog brush.

Tomorrow will be a good day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    I'm not a Dentist but I do own three PRS's.  Probably a bit late now. but Dentists are open.

I couple of years ago I had a tooth that 'grumbled' for ages (more than one year).  Got mentioned every check up, x-rayed, couldn't find anything.  Around Christmas it got a bit worse and I thought 'I really must get an apppointment before New Year'.  I didn't get around to it and, New Year's morning, awoke with raging tooth ache.  24 hours of hell but then the pain suddenly stopped.  This would have been the nerve dying off.

I got an emergency appointment when the Dentist re-opened and he removed this;

Despite being over 50 at the time I still got £2 off my Mum (on condition that I threw away the tooth)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    I've had loads of dental work done during the lockdown including a new bridge and an implant stud
    - Dentist is open for business as usual
    Cant undersand why any would be closed........obviously enjoying the holiday and too rich to need to work
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12315
    Isn't @PinstripePhil a dentist, he's got some lovely guitars, don't think he's a PRS kinda guy though. Hell know more about teefs than most. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22795
    Dominic said:
    I've had loads of dental work done during the lockdown including a new bridge and an implant stud
    - Dentist is open for business as usual
    Cant undersand why any would be closed........obviously enjoying the holiday and too rich to need to work
    I guess they may be open for private work but not for NHS?

My regular dentist has been "shielding" since last March, I've been going there for over 35 years and he seemed old-ish to me then, so I'd imagine he must be over 70 now, but still working (or would be working).
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4632
    Back from dentist. Have an abscess, need two crowns a root canal and an extraction
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Back from dentist. Have an abscess, need two crowns a root canal and an extraction
    There's no good reply to that...

Hope you get it sorted soon!

• marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    at least the pain will stop.