some dog owners and their poop bags ...

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Most dog owners seem to be decent, responsible people, but some are utter f*ckwads. A real hate of mine is people who use poop bags but then just discard them. There is a quiet footpath that I often walk up in the mornings, and at one junction there is always a proliferation of black dog poop bags. Some scattered on the ground, some piled up on a tree that was blown down many years ago, some hung on branches at head height and some flung high up into the trees. I find this extremely annoying, especially as it is a place where literally no-one is around to clear up. If I ever see the perpetrator I swear that I will collect them all up, cut them open and post them through their front door at night.

Rant over ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1830
    Smeared on the inside of their car door handles works wee too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5629
    You ought to try living round these parts - until I had my front lawn fenced off it wasn't uncommon to find several fresh dog eggs each morning.  Now the owners just let them defecate on the path outside the fence instead.

There's a small piece of land next to my house, technically it belongs partly to me, but I can't be bother to do anything with it since it's Mecca for dogs needing to squat!

At least a turd in a bag, as disgusting as it is, is easier to relocate to a bin - not that I'm defending or apologising for such cretinous behaviour.

I did read about one village in France whose condition of dog ownership is that the dog's DNA must be registered so that in the event of an errant turd showing up they can identify from whose dog it came and deal with them accordingly - by summary execution, one hopes!  

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    I don't understand why people go to the effort of putting it in a bag and then throwing it in a hedge meaning it will now be there for years rather than biodegrading in a few days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Haych said:
    You ought to try living round these parts - until I had my front lawn fenced off it wasn't uncommon to find several fresh dog eggs each morning.  Now the owners just let them defecate on the path outside the fence instead.

There's a small piece of land next to my house, technically it belongs partly to me, but I can't be bother to do anything with it since it's Mecca for dogs needing to squat!

At least a turd in a bag, as disgusting as it is, is easier to relocate to a bin - not that I'm defending or apologising for such cretinous behaviour.

I did read about one village in France whose condition of dog ownership is that the dog's DNA must be registered so that in the event of an errant turd showing up they can identify from whose dog it came and deal with them accordingly - by summary execution, one hopes!  
    Hopefully they dont execute the doggo! Lol. 

I agree, round here its a mix too. Lots of shit smeared all over the pavements, and lots of small grass areas next to curbs that are now toilets. Never seen a dog shit bin in Romford either so that probably doesnt help much.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I gotta say when I went to Germany for a bit, the place looked much cleaner, not that I was looking for shit in particular, but around here the streets are strewn with litter in comparison.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2197
    They can often be found hanging from the branches of trees round here.  
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:
    I gotta say when I went to Germany for a bit, the place looked much cleaner, not that I was looking for shit in particular, but around here the streets are strewn with litter in comparison.
    Yeah I've worked in Germany and everything seems a lot cleaner.

When I worked in Milan you couldn't see the pavement for chewing gum and dog shit.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1578
    Fishboy7 said:
    They can often be found hanging from the branches of trees round here.  
    Yeah same here. Drives me apoplectic - if you cant be bothered to take it home, leave the fugging' stuff on the ground you (nuts, rather then pretend to be doing the decent thing and then hanging the little bag of sh*te on a fence or in a tree. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5629
    One excuse I've heard is that dog owners hang it up with the intention of collecting it on the return leg of the walk home.

If that's the case then there must be a direct link between dog ownership and amnesia.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1125
    edited March 2021
    As a dog owner I have never seen someone leave behind a dog poo either bagged or not..........and yet, every time I take her for a walk I have to avoid treading in it.   Maybe we should only be allowed to walk them in daylight hours on busy streets.

I love the DNA rule mentioned above!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Same here.. bags of dogshit either thrown on the ground, or up into trees.. You've got to wonder at the mentality...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    We live next to a lane that leads to open fields, all very popular with dog walkers. Somebody told us yesterday that they’d collected 15 poo bags just thrown on the side of the lane. The path right outside the local primary school is often covered in dog shit too, so it gets traipsed all over the playground and into the classrooms. Bloody lazy cretins some people.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    usedtobe said:
    Same here.. bags of dogshit either thrown on the ground, or up into trees.. You've got to wonder at the mentality...
    Contempt for other people?
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    JezWynd said:
    usedtobe said:
    Contempt for other people?
    Of course.. silly me..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    edited March 2021
    A friend of mine opened his front door only to see a very well dressed woman letting her well groomed dog crap on his front lawn. He was a little miffed but did not say anything as he was expecting her to pick it up. But she left it and started to walk away
     He call out to her "can you clean that up please" only to get the reply "clean what up"
    He then in a rage scooped up the mess into his hand ran after the lady and her dog and rubbed it to the fur on the dogs back. It did not happen again 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I used to pull for a AAA tug of war team, the field where we trained was always full of dog truffles. It made us pull harder though as you didn’t want to be on the losing side being dragged through a pile of it ending up with a streak of poo up your side!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I presume people use the bags because they’ve been seen then throw them away later on rather than take them home or find a bin. I will stick and flick where appropriate, dog poo biodegrades a lot quicker than a bag, but either way I won’t leave it where someone would tread on it. 
    The dog poo bin at the entrance to the park nearest my house seems to attract people dumping rubbish around it. I guess the mentality is I’ll dump my assorted rubbish here because the council will clear it up because there is a dog poo bin here. Presumably they are satisfied that’s better than just dumping it in a random country lane. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Terrible
    what do these people think post boxes are for
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    If the (human) perpetrators can be traced they should have their dogs' little presents rubbed into their hair. It's an unsightly health hazard.