Bloody eBay not going to be using PayPal

What's Hot
It’s going to take 2 days before the money is in your bank 

They are going to take the fee’s  before you get paid, I hope they take them from 
   The money that has come in  as being on an extremely low income all my money is usually drawn     out So if they took it from your bank account it would cause a funds not available strike .

I trust PayPal more than I trust eBay 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    Get the feeling that a lot of people will stop using eBay now, as this new payment system is flawed with a 48 hr wait for time for your money after every sale.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    edited March 2021
    Yes, fees are deducted from the money they take from the buyer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 285
    From a global perspective, holding cash for two days is a huge benefit for Ebay at the expense of the customer - more of our cash heading for California.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

"How will the checkout experience change for buyers when eBay changes how I get paid?

As part of this change, buyers can use a variety of payment methods such as credit card, debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and PayPal Credit. They can also save and store their card information for future use."

So, you can still use PayPal to pay, but not to receive automatically.

I just read the eBay blurb on the change, it's heaving with vomit-inducing PR bullshit phrases.

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4159
    That’s what I got this morning, it looks like we may be able to hang on to the current system for a short while but eventually everyone will be forced to use ebays system. 

I like how they blame the credit credit card company for the 2 day delay ,funny how PayPal can manage it 
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4775
    I've got to take a proper look at this, but it looks like cash on collection is no longer possible. I can live with the payment delay, but need to be sure I'm not giving permission for eBay to take money from my bank without my agreement. That's a showstopper for me. 

Are we seeing the continuing drift of eBay from being a marketplace for individuals into just being a marketplace for businesses? 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4920
    I buy quite a lot on ebay and sell occasionally.
    If they remove cash on collection then that could well scupper me buying some items.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It’s still possible, they will just take the fees from your bank account. This is one place where users lose out - you used to be able to dodge the PayPal fee with cash on collection, but no longer... they take the same fee from you now no matter what the payment method is. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3047
    eBay has been progressively shitter over the past 5 years. Time to cancel the account or use it purely to buy things and never sell.
  • Whilst I don't like the payout delay, the system is reliable and the absence of Paypal fees makes up for the need for patience to receive the funds. £1 fee on a sale over £300 works for me.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I'm keeping an open mind until the new system gets going. I'm not jumping overboard before I know the ship's definitely sinking.

• moremore Frets: 230
    edited March 2021
    Currently, the eBay payment system is not compulsory for private sellers . But I  would  guess if you do chose that option you will not be able to change back. You can just close your account and  open a new private account, and your back to using PayPal. Amazon has always used its own payment system and it doesn't  seem to  damage their sales .   It is a bit cheaper than using eBay and PayPal  and really, to  wait a couple of days for funds to go into bank is not too  bad?            
  • euaneuan Frets: 1483
    I think the issue people have is that it requires setting up a direct debit with eBay so they could take money from you without your prior knowledge. I'm not sure I trust eBay with that, and much less their ability to promptly address any mistake.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I’ve sold a couple of grands worth of stuff since this came in. Although it’s not instant, they paid out quickly less the £1 selling fees (because I used the promo).
    prowla said:
    I buy quite a lot on ebay and sell occasionally.
    If they remove cash on collection then that could well scupper me buying some items.
    I’ve never found anything local to buy 
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2349
    tFB Trader
    I’ve just purchased some parts from eBay and I’ve paid with PayPal.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

GSPBASSES said:
    I’ve just purchased some parts from eBay and I’ve paid with PayPal.
    You can pay but not receive payment 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    From what I can tell this is going to make selling much cheaper? 

Why is this a problem? Waiting two days isn't a big deal, and that'll probably get quicker over time. 
    edited March 2021
    From what I can tell this is going to make selling much cheaper? 

Why is this a problem? Waiting two days isn't a big deal, and that'll probably get quicker over time. 
    Wouldn’t say “much” cheaper. 0.6% lower on your average transaction. Worse if you do cash on collection or bank transfer - then you will actually be paying more than you used to. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    If I could be arsed I'd go and find a few of the eight thousand threads complaining that ebay force you to use PayPal... 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom