DIY Content : I made a thing.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Looks great dude!....I would have to run the sander over those arms though, just for a nice rounded edge 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Good job. Needs a table now.
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    Good job. Needs a table now.
    Funny you should say that ;)

My wife was left to make the decorative decisions - not sure about it myself, but it works quite well with the grey cushions.  The table was knocked together yesterday afternoon from offcuts.

RaymondLin said:
    How did you prevent the wood twisting? I find timbers are never straight from the timber yard and unless you have (I forgot the name) that machine which plane the wood flat, when you build something that long, the corners are seldom level.
    I got lucky from the timber yard really.  A couple of the boards for the seating were cupped and one was split about a third of the way along, but most of it was pretty good. I ordered online, but if I'd made the effort to get to the yard myself, then I'd have been able to select each piece individually.

Cranky said:
    Looks fantastic, I'm jealous.  I'd buy all that wood and let it taunt me for a good year before I got around to butchering the project.
    Not if you had my wife breathing down your neck ;) 

spark240 said:
    Looks great dude!....I would have to run the sander over those arms though, just for a nice rounded edge 
    I planned to edge route the top pieces, but my wife Got in there and painted it before I could get around to it.  Maybe another time.

Thanks for all the kind words folks - I'm very proud of it.  We just need the weather to improve now :)