Great tracks musically but with appalling lyrics..

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 10241
    Slightly struggling this afternoon with Murderess by The Power Station which rhymed murderer with jugular. 
    Was that prompted by the mention of Tony Thompson over in the Phil Collins thread? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 11737
    Philly_Q said:
    Slightly struggling this afternoon with Murderess by The Power Station which rhymed murderer with jugular. 
    Was that prompted by the mention of Tony Thompson over in the Phil Collins thread? ;)
    Yes, although it was me that mentioned him so it’s a bit circular. I thought The Power Station would be nice and uplifting whilst I tidied up in the kitchen but I got very stuck on the repetition of murderer and jugular. 
    Inhale away Jackson Jeffrey Jackson. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 55379
    I had the album back in the day and really liked it, but recently acquired both it and Arcadia's 'So Red The Rose', which I hadn't bought at the time because I thought the single 'Election Day' sounded too much like a second-rate Duran Duran - but listening again thirty years later, it's the Arcadia album which is by far the better of the two - The Power Station is hideously dated-sounding and the songs really aren't very good... disappointing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson