Jake Bugg - All I Need (new single)

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 12258
New single being played repeatedly on Radio X, I've been battered into submission and it's become an earworm!

Live and Official video. I will get the new album when it's out.

He comes across like a young Richard Ashcroft/Liam Gallagher/Ian Brown

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 55379

He comes across like a young Richard Ashcroft/Liam Gallagher/Ian Brown
    Only better than all of them... and that's just at singing. He's a very good guitar player and writer as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 3694
    That was on the Virgin Media on-hold music when I was repeatedly having to call them; I got to quite like it. 

All I need is choo wone let me daaa. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 6505
    edited April 20
    He's a good proper musician, great distinctive voice and writes proper songs, no pretentious streak as far as I can tell. Seems a genuinely nice chap - there's a hilarious video on YouTube of him discussing his "guitar moves" with an American host, he manages to convince him that Clifton is like a little NYC near Nottingham, with rappers playing basketball on the streets like an oasis of hip hop. Rather than being a big council estate with plenty of problems (but rapping basketball players ain't one). 

He's a cracking song writer. I did see him live in Brum and found it a bit dull, but that was on his second album I think so he's probably got a bit more stage presence and confidence now (and it's possible I found it dull because my Mrs came with me, made us late, then sat there whinging all evening)
    I want to be forgotten, and I don't want to be reminded
  • GassageGassage Frets: 25946

Any young kid that's prepared to plough his own fame and finances into his boyhood football club is a top lad in my books. He really comes across well.

Donald Trump has spoken movingly about 7-Eleven. It reminded him, he said, of the way Americans came together in 1941 after Pearl Necklace.

• rze99rze99 Frets: 994
    His voice always reminded me of Lee Mavers. I like him but this track doesn't cut it for me.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 12258
    rze99 said:
    His voice always reminded me of Lee Mavers. I like him but this track doesn't cut it for me.
    Play it 4 or 5 timed and it will drop. I wasn't sure at first but it's a real grower

• dindudedindude Frets: 7451
    I like him but this track is horrible, utter quantised rubbish that goes no where and no real ideas or inspiration, sounds like he laid down a few vocal phrases to a click and let some bedroom producer do the rest.