New TC minis

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7152
    They've also tweaked it with a higher internal voltage, plus that 11 switch boost.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I have the standard Mojo Mojo and it's alright, it doesn't sound like it does when he plays it though to be fair! He does seem to have a strong touch though and I'm a bit softer so I don't get anywhere near that much gain from mine.

He seems a likeable chap. However whilst I don't normally care either way for "guitar faces" or gurning, his faces really put me off my cup of tea. Seemed to calm down whilst singing though, he had a good sound when doing that actually.

Was looking at flogging the MojoMojo but maybe it's worth a better look with a boost before it, especially if there's a new one coming out as the original ones are worth peanuts anyway
    I love Paul on video - smart, entertaining, explains things very well. I don't really like his music very much but he has played stadiums with his distortion coming from a £35 pedal on a homemade board so he does know what he's talking about I guess. 

Couldn't see a price for this version, be interesting to see if the changes have made it boutique! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    https://youtu.be/W4KOG8Yuuk4

Next one. As far as I know this is not only a new mini but a new design for tc, a high gain distortiony thing. 

why is he demoing high gain distortion pedals and never turning off the wah - is this demo for Kirk Hammett ?
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    I have the standard Mojo Mojo and it's alright, it doesn't sound like it does when he plays it though to be fair! He does seem to have a strong touch though and I'm a bit softer so I don't get anywhere near that much gain from mine.

He seems a likeable chap. However whilst I don't normally care either way for "guitar faces" or gurning, his faces really put me off my cup of tea. Seemed to calm down whilst singing though, he had a good sound when doing that actually.

Was looking at flogging the MojoMojo but maybe it's worth a better look with a boost before it, especially if there's a new one coming out as the original ones are worth peanuts anyway
    I love Paul on video - smart, entertaining, explains things very well. I don't really like his music very much but he has played stadiums with his distortion coming from a £35 pedal on a homemade board so he does know what he's talking about I guess. 

Couldn't see a price for this version, be interesting to see if the changes have made it boutique! 
    Funny you mention the price. I'm sure I remember the MojoMojo (and Dark Matter) being at least double the current RRP when they were first launched many years ago, might even have been over £100 before they made them about £40 quid.

I don't know if anyone's ever figured out the circuit other so can't tell whether they're some sort of clone or copy.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9789
    edited June 2021
    Yeah he seems a very engaging chap to be fair, a good format of YouTube video as well I reckon - just give him a space and tell him just be himself for a while on camera. Much better than the usual sales pitches with their hyperbole and BS.

I did get confused at one point as to why he was suddenly singing the Evergreen "singing frog" advert song (if your lawn is a farce, weeds a right pain in the grass) then thought oh no, actually it's the Mark McGhee at Wolves song! Then "ahh yeah sorry, the Monkees of course". Whoops
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic