Another coffee thread....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3714
    pogul said:
    Clecko said:
    I make two frothy coffees every day with a stovetop for the coffee, and an electric mini-whisk to froth the heated milk!
    My other half and I use a stove top and it just makes such nice coffee, no need to worry about how many barrs of pressure or whatever. I find the 'posh' machines just seem to make horrible chemically tasting coffee, but from a stove top machine its smooth and lovely every time. And on induction, it only takes a couple of mins and you're done.

Also, when you go away anywhere, just throw it in your luggage, no glass to break, light, works everywhere there's a hob :-)

Got the same one...stainless for induction hob.  super rich, smooth coffee... with no bitterness.. add a jug of hot milk.. mix to taste.  Perfection on a lazy weekend.

The auto machines emulate the espresso crema froth top by forcing the pressurised coffee to spray through a tiny hole.. its all fake and enables the coarser grind needed to make the self cleaning mechanism work or to work with cheap supermarket coffee size grounds.    

Not convinced the fully auto tech is ever a route to better coffee.

I modded my basic machine to use non-pressurised portafilters and just grind small enough and tamp well so the puck creates the pressure.  Makes a much deeper tasting coffee.  Its a night and day difference really.  My wife calls it ‘meaty’.. as opposed to watery and bitter.

The autos are about a semblance of convenience but i personally like the steps in the process of making it all myself.. a bit of diversion.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom