Guitar adverts...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    It's just a cigarette holder.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited May 2021
    "A scantily clad slut draped over it."

No sir .....far too obvious - you need a little bit more style and 'gear appeal' than that. THIS is how you advertise gear!!!  And if you look VERY closely, you'll see some guy singing called I think Robert Palmer or something like that...

WARNING: This next bit could shatter your fantasies:

And for those wondering what happened to these girls - the girls as they are in the video, from left to right ..Julie Pankhurst-keyboards, Patty Kelly-guitar, Mak Gilchrist-bass, Julia Bolino-guitar and Kathy Davies-drum/partially hidden in the back. the girls as they are today, ..Julie-works in retail and is a mother, Patty-landscape designer with 2 children, Kathy-lives in Thailand where she does charity work, Mak-still models in England and Julia-hair and makeup artist.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Philly_Q said:
    Hamer did something similar for the eclipse, although a bit more subtle/tasteful than the fender ad. You can even buy a well used copy from eBay at an extortionate price -this must be the modern equivalent of finding jazz mags in the bushes: 
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-HAMER-Eclipse-red-Electric-Guitar-naked-nude-woman-Vintage-print-ad-/324477650891?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
    Fender ad?  Did you mean the Tokai one on the previous page?

Must have worked, I've owned two Hamer Eclipses.
    You’re right, only scanned past it -that spoof logo worked! :)
    It's a bit of a fail if Tokai paid for an advert that makes you want to buy a Fender.
    Voxman said:
    .... the girls as they are today, ..Julie-works in retail and is a mother, Patty-landscape designer with 2 children, Kathy-lives in Thailand where she does charity work, Mak-still models in England and Julia-hair and makeup artist.
    Are none of them somebody's grandmother?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    mart said:
    It's a bit of a fail if Tokai paid for an advert that makes you want to buy a Fender.
    Believe the forum fogeys when they tell you that, once Tokai arrived in the UK, nobody in their right mind would pay for a genuine Fender.

Tokai was why Fender started exporting MIJ guitars worldwide.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mart said:
    Believe the forum fogeys when they tell you that, once Tokai arrived in the UK, nobody in their right mind would pay for a genuine Fender.

Tokai was why Fender started exporting MIJ guitars worldwide.
    I don't believe that any red-blooded male would still be in their right mind after they'd seen that advert, but my point was that if they (like most of us) read the brand name on that advert as being Fender, then that is what they would hunt down.