According to my social media flying V’s are back

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1622
    Both Marcus King and Jared James Nichols popped up on my Instagram playing V’s today
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    Good time to sell mine then  ;)
  • GJK1959GJK1959 Frets: 54
    Good time to sell mine then  ;)

PM'd

previously 'retsacotarts' on music radar forum
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    I've always been a fan of the Jim James approach. I'd love a V like that. Maybe a black guard rather than mirrored... 

Digging the FUCK outta this dude's jacket and Yeti boots combo.  It's the look I've needed, but never known.  The fair Mrs Moan has been on my case about augmenting my capsule wardrobe: to TX Maxx, with inspiration!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1092
    If anyone has a CS Flying V they are considering selling please PM!
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7045
    tFB Trader
    Grunfeld said:

I'm pretty sure that's Chris Spedding under the fur
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    Grunfeld said:

I'm pretty sure that's Chris Spedding under the fur
    I knew he was involved, but I thought surely not on TOTP etc.  But you're right! :)

"When appearing as a band, the Wombles were always played by experienced musicians in full costume. Batt continued to perform as Orinoco, regularly accompanied by drummer Clem Cattini as Bungo and guitarist Chris Spedding as Wellington (complete with Spedding's trademark white Gibson Flying V)--both of whom had previously recorded with Batt. On one edition of Top of the Pops, the costumes were filled by members of Steeleye Span.

"Tim and Andy Renton, who had worked with Batt in the latter incarnation of Hapshash and the Coloured Coat also donned the costumes, along with Robin LeMesurier, who also had a Gibson Flying V, but was kicked out of the band following an arrest for possession of marijuana."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Philly_Q said:
    "Tim and Andy Renton, who had worked with Batt in the latter incarnation of Hapshash and the Coloured Coat also donned the costumes, along with Robin LeMesurier, who also had a Gibson Flying V, but was kicked out of the band following an arrest for possession of marijuana."

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ba/e9/0a/bae90a4987765865bfbc851bc7777962.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ScavengerScavenger Frets: 148
    I found Vs surprisingly comfortable and as someone said earlier to play sitting down you just put your right knee between the fork and it just sits there. 
    I discovered them by accident when I built a "stunt guitar" that could be destroyed during the encore and rebuilt for future shows (I play in a glam punk band, we are all about style over substance) I bought the cheapest neck I could find on ebay and made some wings out of scrap wood , cheap pickup and an old bridge I happened to have , covered it in tiger skin wallpaper . I was hooked the first time I played it. It just felt right, I was a tele nut until then.

I finally got round to building a "serious" V last winter....I'm yet to gig with it but can't wait.
    May be an image of guitar and outdoors
    www.scavengermusic.co.uk
  • Scavenger said:
    I found Vs surprisingly comfortable and as someone said earlier to play sitting down you just put your right knee between the fork and it just sits there. 
    I discovered them by accident when I built a "stunt guitar" that could be destroyed during the encore and rebuilt for future shows (I play in a glam punk band, we are all about style over substance) I bought the cheapest neck I could find on ebay and made some wings out of scrap wood , cheap pickup and an old bridge I happened to have , covered it in tiger skin wallpaper . I was hooked the first time I played it. It just felt right, I was a tele nut until then.

I finally got round to building a "serious" V last winter....I'm yet to gig with it but can't wait.

I think I need to know what band you're in and when you gig in Cambridgeshire because that looks like so much fun! 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Scavenger said:

Your band looks utterly epic, mate!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • ScavengerScavenger Frets: 148
    Thank you, the band is called Sock , we originally formed in 1990 , got back together a few years ago for a charity gig about the same time as our front man reinvented himself as Vince Venus and got thrown off Britain's Got Talent in a matter of seconds. We never gigged that often but we always pulled out all the stops. 
    We slimmed down to a four piece in 2019 and for obvious reasons haven't done a lot since. When we do resume the V will be making it's presence felt.
    www.scavengermusic.co.uk