SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender Custom Shop - 1960 Double Bound Telecaster - Faded Sonic Blue - £2200 shipped

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Every time I see this guitar, I think it looks nicer...

Surprised it's not gone.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    Thanks a lot. It is a lovely thing!
    Bump. Drop to £2200 shipped (so another £50/£60) off.
  • Is this the original pickup configuration?
    edited June 2021
    Yup. Was, a custom order by GAK I believe. The original sale page for it from a good few years back is still kicking about and shows the spec. I’m out at the moment and on my mobile but you should be able to find it easy enough if you search then look at google images as it’s a pretty distinct looking guitar! Cheers. 
    Bumpy
  • jb777jb777 Frets: 150
    Fabulous guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pm sent
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    edited July 2021
    This Tele just looks great, amazed it hasn’t sold yet. Have a free bump  :)
    Cheers Ben. Had some great trade offers but no sale yet. Means I get to play it for a bit longer though!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • I blame Brexit, no Covid, no Brexit. 
    To be fair to the seller, I had a good chat with him when I sold it and he's not a flipper. He was an absolute gent to deal with. Was also incredibly decent about something I'd missed on the listing as well - I offered to pay to resolve it but he sorted it out himself and was more than happy to do so.

He said he'd live with it for a couple of months and if he liked it then keep it, if not then sell it. He did also offer me first refusal at the same price paid if he was to sell - I said I was more than happy for him to just sell on and if he could squeeze a bit more out of it then absolutely do so. I got back basically what I paid so was happy regardless. 

Don't think it will go for that price but he might squeeze closer to 2.5k which is not too far north of what I sold for and probably, given the best offer option, what he's expecting to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Hattigol said:
    Firstly - thanks Dan for speaking up for me, I appreciate it.

I'm also amazed that some people don't have anything better to do with their time - but since I feel besmirched, here goes.

I've had the guitar what - about 6-7 weeks I'm guessing? Before I got it I said to Dan I'lll either keep it forever or sell it quickly and offered him first refusal, he was fine with it.

It's a great guitar and I really like it, but truth is the only difference in sound and feel between it and my partsocaster is the front P90, so tonight I'm fitting a p90 to the front of that - and I can free up some much needed money for a holiday.

To be clear, with regards to the Tele I'm keeping - it's not a normal partsocaster - it's an original 52 neck and tuners (worth many multiples of the whole guitar in question here) with the bridge, pots, switch and bridge pickup from a 55 Esquire (not rewound or anything all original) in a very light 1970 body which is routed for a front humbucker.

Many people have described it as the best Tele they've played, this CS is really very, very good to be comfortable in that company.

Dan is a complete gent - and if anyone wants to make me an offer on here feel free.

And if anyone fails to understand that when you advertise something you put a higher price on to allow fees and negotiation - then I'm really sorry for you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    peteri said:
    Hattigol said:
    Firstly - thanks Dan for speaking up for me, I appreciate it.

I'm also amazed that some people don't have anything better to do with their time - but since I feel besmirched, here goes.

I've had the guitar what - about 6-7 weeks I'm guessing? Before I got it I said to Dan I'lll either keep it forever or sell it quickly and offered him first refusal, he was fine with it.

It's a great guitar and I really like it, but truth is the only difference in sound and feel between it and my partsocaster is the front P90, so tonight I'm fitting a p90 to the front of that - and I can free up some much needed money for a holiday.

To be clear, with regards to the Tele I'm keeping - it's not a normal partsocaster - it's an original 52 neck and tuners (worth many multiples of the whole guitar in question here) with the bridge, pots, switch and bridge pickup from a 55 Esquire (not rewound or anything all original) in a very light 1970 body which is routed for a front humbucker.

Many people have described it as the best Tele they've played, this CS is really very, very good to be comfortable in that company.

Dan is a complete gent - and if anyone wants to make me an offer on here feel free.

And if anyone fails to understand that when you advertise something you put a higher price on to allow fees and negotiation - then I'm really sorry for you
    What a strange response to a suggestion that a guitar price going from £2,100 (?) to £2,700 in 6 weeks represented Zimbabwe style inflation. 

If my maths is right, that's equivalent to 247% annual inflation so I stand by what was a lighthearted comment.

Besmirched? Seriously? 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    If the guitar sells for say, £2500 via eBay, the seller will lose £320 in fees. But who cares? It was sold. The seller is happy, the buyer is happy.. why does the issue of where ex fretboard owned guitars go keep coming up? What’s to be gained by it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    £320 in fees on a £2,700 guitar? 
    Errr no. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Hattigol said:
    Errr no. 
    I said £2500. 

eBay selling fees are 12.8%. 

Final value fees

You pay one final value fee for items you sell on eBay, and you don't have to worry about third party payment processing fees.

The final value fee is calculated as 12.8% of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), plus a fixed charge of 30p per order”

• williaaaamwilliaaaam Frets: 216
    Hattigol said:
    Errr no. 
    eBay fees are 12% now so yes .
  • Would seem silly to sell it on ebay for £2500 and then be hit with say 12% fees £300, rather than put it back on here and letting forum members have it for £2200.

Perplexed but good luck with the sale. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.