SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender Custom Shop - 1960 Double Bound Telecaster - Faded Sonic Blue - £2200 shipped

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    If you're one of the 1% of maniacs who actually list when there's no offer on fees, then yes. 

Or otherwise, between £1 and £3.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • williaaaamwilliaaaam Frets: 216
    Hattigol said:
    If you're one of the 1% of maniacs who actually list when there's no offer on fees, then yes. 

E bay now offer 3% of final fees mostly I’ve not seen a £1 or £3 offer for months .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1123
    Hattigol said:

E bay now offer 3% of final fees mostly I’ve not seen a £1 or £3 offer for months .
    They just did a £2 offer last week. It seems not everyone gets them.
  • Would seem silly to sell it on ebay for £2500 and then be hit with say 12% fees £300, rather than put it back on here and letting forum members have it for £2200.

Perplexed but good luck with the sale. 
    I think there's a couple of us at least have commented on how slow things are to sell on here as of late. I mean even this guitar  was listed midway through May and still here into July.

Don't get me wrong, it's preferable to see things sell through here but I can't exactly blame people chucking it on ebay either if the maths works for them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    I prefer to sell guitars on eBay than on here. You tend to get the same value or more for them even after fees and you don’t get pages of people commenting on your FS post  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • AlloAllo Frets: 137
    Ebay like living in london fretboard like living in small village in north wales
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1422
    Hattigol said:
    Hmmm Zimbabwe style inflation?
    Zimbabwe style inflation is quite common on eBay mind you. Nature of the beast I guess with the fees involved. Price after sale will be the same if you’re one of the maniacs who doesn’t use the £1 final value fee.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Custom-Shop-1960-Telecaster-Relic-with-Bigsby-Lake-Placid-Blue-/184905217413?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0r then
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2021
    [inappropriate comment removed]
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5050
    Reverb fees are lower than eBay’s full fees. The Reverb seller’s fee for a £2.7k guitar would be about £208 I think.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Allo said:
    Ebay like living in london fretboard like living in small village in north wales
    Are people in North Wales having a mini-tanty all the time?

Reverb and Paypal fees come out about 8%. I have a guitar on a FVF offer on eBay now and it means that Reverb is only for advertising purposes as I would prefer it were bought from eBay.

• WayfarersAllWayfarersAll Frets: 53
    edited August 2021
    Gilly said:
    Hattigol said:

They just did a £2 offer last week. It seems not everyone gets them.
    I used to get the £1 and £2 offers all the time but of late only been getting 10% final value fees which sometimes works out better or worse than the previous offers.

I only list stuff when there's offers on unless it's gonna go for less than £20. 

Shouldn't someone just close this thread now? It all seems kinda irrelevant but mildy amusing at the same time I suppose. 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    @peteri that's a very cool looking LP Custom....I'm sorely tempted, even though I every time I buy a LP it never works out =) .  Is it really heavy/do you know the weight?  (PM me if you don't want to be doing with this thread any more).
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2052
    edited August 2021
    Hattigol said:
    So you post on this thread to complain someone has bought a guitar on the forum and listed it on ebay for a higher price.

Then when another poster points out you have done the exact same thing you resort to a childish personal insult which you are not bold enough to attribute to the post and person you are responding to. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2021
    CMW335 said:
    Hattigol said:
    So you post on this thread to complain someone has bought a guitar on the forum and listed it on ebay for a higher price.

Then when another poster points out you have done the exact same thing you resort to a childish personal insult which you are not bold enough to attribute to the post and person you are responding to. 
    Welcome back to the forum, chap. I heard you'd left in a tizzy because someone had outed you as a trader?

Anyway, just to clarify, you might want to look up the word 'inflation' in a dictionary. It's when the price of something goes up. The advert that Ben posted of mine was for a Tele of mine. I did initially list it for higher but then dropped it back to the price I paid. I sold it for £2,100, having bought it for £2,200.  So as examples go, it wasn't the best.

If you want to see another example of hyper-inflation, how about this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Custom-Shop-1960-Telecaster-Custom-2017-Heavy-Relic-/255047631560?mkcid=16&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0&nma=true&si=p46XiBGMfnxkk1Up8N6WOWyqYV8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Cheers 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Thread closed after complaints from several members.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.