SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb surf green avri double bound 62 reissue telecaster. Sorted

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2292
    Howard said:
    Thanks, but really after a surf green and yep bit overpriced for me. You could get a new American original for that sort of money. 
    You can. But the people - let's call them “vintage spec only connoisseurs” that want a reissue original spec non poly nitro 7.25 radius guitar don't want a new American Original. They want a proper spec reissue like these. And because they are not on the market they are increasingly valuable. And the more people that just hang on to them forever, like me, the rarer they become.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Surf green is such a cool colour.
    My CS one over sunburst (and its cousin)...

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456
    rze99 said:
    Howard said:
    Thanks, but really after a surf green and yep bit overpriced for me. You could get a new American original for that sort of money. 
    You can. But the people - let's call them “vintage spec only connoisseurs” that want a reissue original spec non poly nitro 7.25 radius guitar don't want a new American Original. They want a proper spec reissue like these. And because they are not on the market they are increasingly valuable. And the more people that just hang on to them forever, like me, the rarer they become.
    I think the American Original series are nitro finishes, not poly?
    CFH said:
    rze99 said:
    Howard said:
    They call it nitro yes and no doubt legitimately. I’ve read though from those finish nerds that proclaim to know (mainly on TDPRI) that it’s not vintage spec nitro so won’t quite age into the way you might expect and it has a thick poly undercoat too, therefore not proper.  I don’t claim to know about that to be perfectly honest. I have an American Original Jazzmaster and it looks feels and sounds lovely so don’t care much. 
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    CFH said:
    rze99 said:
    Howard said:
    As an owner of an AO and previously a "thin skin" nitro AVRI. I would say the AO is a better representation of nitro. 

The more recent think skin AVRI's have a poly undercoat which flakes off like poly. The AO wears more like you would expect of a nitro finish.
  • HowardHoward Frets: 2
    Just got what I wanted. GAK just got  FSR American original 60s double bound teles  in surf green with matching headstock. Mine arrived today. Beautiful!  not sure how to post pictures but they’re on their website. Nitro paint 9 1/2 “ radius 60s c neck. 7lb 7 weight. Been playing for half hour and love it. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Howard said:
    Just got what I wanted. GAK just got  FSR American original 60s double bound teles  in surf green with matching headstock. Mine arrived today. Beautiful!  not sure how to post pictures but they’re on their website. Nitro paint 9 1/2 “ radius 60s c neck. 7lb 7 weight. Been playing for half hour and love it. 

Looking forward to picsI
  • Chris77Chris77 Frets: 5
    if anyone's interested in a 'budget option' i have a double bound mij tokai ATE106B in 'ocean metallic turquoise' (9.5 radius) that i would let go - pop me a message if of any interest